These features can be used in your keyboard.
- Multi-layer Keymap - Multiple keyboard layouts with layer switching
- Mouse key - Mouse control with keyboard
- System Control Key - Power Down, Sleep, Wake Up and USB Remote Wake up
- Media Control Key - Volume Down/Up, Mute, Next/Prev track, Play, Stop and etc
- USB NKRO - 120 keys(+ 8 modifiers) simultaneously
- PS/2 mouse support - PS/2 mouse(TrackPoint) as composite device
- Keyboard protocols - PS/2, ADB, M0110, Sun and other old keyboard protocols
- User Function - Customizable function of key with writing code
- Macro - Very primitive at this time
- Keyboard Tricks - Oneshot modifier and modifier with tapping feature
- Debug Console - Messages for debug and interaction with firmware
- Virtual DIP Switch - Configurations stored EEPROM(Boot Magic)
- Locking CapsLock - Mechanical switch support for CapsLock
- Breathing Sleep LED - Sleep indicator with charm during USB suspend
- Backlight - Control backlight levels
You can find some keyboard specific projects under
- planck - Planck Ortholinear 40% keyboard
- preonic - Preonic Ortholinear 50% keyboard
- atomic - Atomic Ortholinear 60% keyboard
- ps2_usb - PS/2 keyboard to USB
- adb_usb - ADB keyboard to USB
- m0110_usb - Macintosh 128K/512K/Plus keyboard to USB
- terminal_usb - IBM Model M terminal keyboard(PS/2 scancode set3) to USB
- news_usb - Sony NEWS keyboard to USB
- x68k_usb - Sharp X68000 keyboard to USB
- sun_usb - Sun to USB(type4, 5 and 3?)
- pc98_usb - PC98 to USB
- usb_usb - USB to USB(experimental)
- ascii_usb - ASCII(Serial console terminal) to USB
- ibm4704_usb - IBM 4704 keyboard Converter
- hhkb - Happy Hacking Keyboard pro hasu's main board
- gh60 - GH60 DIY 60% keyboard prototype hasu's second board
- hbkb - Happy Buckling spring keyboard(IBM Model M 60% mod)
- hid_liber - HID liberation controller (by alaricljs)
- phantom - Phantom keyboard (by Tranquilite)
- IIgs_Standard - Apple IIGS keyboard mod(by JeffreySung)
- macway - Compact keyboard mod [retired]
- KMAC - Korean custom keyboard
- Lightsaber - Korean custom keyboard
- Infinity - Massdrop Infinity keyboard
- NerD - Korean custom keyboard
- KittenPaw - Custom Majestouch controller
- Lightpad - Korean custom keypad
- ghost_squid - The Ghost Squid controller for Cooler Master QuickFire XT
Extenal projects using tmk_keyboard
GPLv2 or later. Some protocol files are under Modified BSD License.
Third party libraries like LUFA, PJRC and V-USB have their own license respectively.
Build Firmware and Program Controller
See build environment setup, or the readme in the particular keyboards/* folder.
Change your keymap
To see help press
Magic key combination is
RShift in many project, but
Power key on ADB converter.
Magic keybind can be vary on each project, check
config.h in project directory.
Following commands can be also executed with
Magic + key. In console mode
Magic keybind is not needed.
----- Command Help ----- c: enter console mode d: toggle debug enable x: toggle matrix debug k: toggle keyboard debug m: toggle mouse debug v: print device version & info t: print timer count s: print status e: print eeprom config n: toggle NKRO 0/F10: switch to Layer0 1/F1: switch to Layer1 2/F2: switch to Layer2 3/F3: switch to Layer3 4/F4: switch to Layer4 PScr: power down/remote wake-up Caps: Lock Keyboard(Child Proof) Paus: jump to bootloader
Boot Magic Configuration - Virtual DIP Switch
Boot Magic are executed during boot up time. Press Magic key below then plug in keyboard cable. Note that you must use keys of Layer 0 as Magic keys. These settings are stored in EEPROM so that retain your configure over power cycles.
To avoid configuring accidentally additive salt key
KC_SPACE also needs to be pressed along with the following configuration keys. The salt key is configurable in
config.h. See tmk_core/common/bootmagic.h.
- Skip reading EEPROM to start with default configuration(
- Clear configuration stored in EEPROM to reset configuration(
- Kick up Bootloader(
- Debug enable(
- Debug matrix enable(
- Debug keyboard enable(
- Debug mouse enable(
- Swap Control and CapsLock(
- Change CapsLock to Control(
- Swap LeftAlt and Gui(
- Swap RightAlt and Gui(
- Disable Gui(
- Swap Grave and Escape(
- Swap BackSlash and BackSpace(
- Enable NKRO on boot(
- Set Default Layer to 0(
- Set Default Layer to 1(
- Set Default Layer to 2(
- Set Default Layer to 3(
- Set Default Layer to 4(
- Set Default Layer to 5(
- Set Default Layer to 6(
- Set Default Layer to 7(
Mechanical Locking support
This feature makes it possible for you to use mechanical locking switch for
ScrollLock. To enable this feature define these macros in
config.h and use
KC_LSCR in keymap for locking key instead of normal
ync option tries to keep switch state consistent with keyboard LED state.
#define LOCKING_SUPPORT_ENABLE #define LOCKING_RESYNC_ENABLE
Start Your Own Project
hid_listen to see debug messages. You can use the tool for debug even if firmware use LUFA stack.
You can use xprintf() to display debug info on
Files and Directories
- tmk_core/ - core library
- keyboards/ - keyboard projects
- converter/ - protocol converter projects
- doc/ - documents
- Doesn't use Tab to indent, use 4-spaces instead.
Other Keyboard Firmware Projects
You can learn a lot about keyboard firmware from these. See doc/other_projects.md.