glogg - the fast, smart log explorer
glogg is a multi-platform GUI application that helps browse and search through long and complex log files. It is designed with programmers and system administrators in mind and can be seen as a graphical, interactive combination of grep and less.
- Runs on Unix-like systems, Windows and Mac thanks to Qt
- Provides a second window showing the result of the current search
- Reads UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 files
- Supports grep/egrep like regular expressions
- Colorizes the log and search results
- Displays a context view of where in the log the lines of interest are
- Is fast and reads the file directly from disk, without loading it into memory
- Is open source, released under the GPL
- GCC version 4.8.0 or later
- Qt libraries (version 5.2.0 or later)
- Boost "program-options" development libraries
- Markdown HTML processor (optional, to generate HTML documentation)
glogg version 0.9.X still support older versions of gcc and Qt if you need to build on an older platform.
The build system uses qmake. Building and installation is done this way:
tar xzf glogg-X.X.X.tar.gz cd glogg-X.X.X qmake make make install INSTALL_ROOT=/usr/local (as root if needed)
qmake BOOST_PATH=/path/to/boost/ will statically compile the required parts of
the Boost libraries whose source are found at the specified path.
The path should be the directory where the tarball from www.boost.org is
(use this method on Windows or if Boost is not available on the system)
The documentation is built and installed automatically if 'markdown' is found.
The tests are built using CMake, and require Qt5 and the Google Mocks source.
cd tests mkdir build cd build export QT_DIR=/path/to/qt/if/non/standard export GMOCK_HOME=/path/to/gmock cmake .. make ./glogg_tests
Please visit glogg's website: http://glogg.bonnefon.org/
The development mailing list is hosted at http://groups.google.co.uk/group/glogg-devel