A simple 80's synthwave style theme for Emulationstation and RetroPie
This retro-futuristic theme is inspired by the 80's aesthetic and synthwave music. Plenty of neon pink and teal, laser grids, and pixel text, but in a visually clean and simple style.
I've also created a video splashscreen in a matching style:
- Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj_6HRCS7s
- Download it here: https://www.nickearl.net/2019/05/11/retrowave-80s-synthwave-style-retropie-video-splashscreen/
'Retrowave' Theme Gallery Retrowave Theme Gallery
- Many thanks to Matt Kennedy for his extremely helpful tutorial on theme creation. This theme is built on top of his sample files https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Creating-Your-Own-EmulationStation-Theme
- All Logo graphics are from the default Carbom theme made by Eric Hettervik.
- This theme is optimized for 16:9 displays. There is also a 4:3 version available at https://github.com/nickearl/es-theme-retrowave_4_3
2019-05-10 v1.0 Initial version
Theme 'retrowave' v1.0 - 2019-05-10
(c) Nick Earl - http://nickearl.net/
For use with EmulationStation (http://www.emulationstation.org/)