Imperial Assault Skirmish Map Project
New Orders and Board Wars podcasts are working together to bring you the Imperial Assault Skirmish Map Project. The project continues the lovely work started by Ibsh to create beautiful images for every Imperial Assault Skirmish Map. These maps serve two purposes:
- Skirmish maps have been added to the Boardwars.eu Imperial Assault Image DB where they can be searched and referenced.
- Printable map groups are available for the current Imperial Assault tournament rotation as well as a full download of all the maps for printing.
To use these maps you must own the indicated Fantasy Flight Games product.
|Map (Web Version Link)||Product||Updated||Print Version|
|Mos Eisley Outskirts||Imperial Assault Core Game||2016-03-14||→|
|Moisture Farm||Luke Skywalker Ally Pack||2016-03-16||→|
|Massassi Ruins||Darth Vader Villain Pack||2016-03-14||→|
|Corellian Underground||Han Solo Ally Pack||2016-03-20||→|
|Imperial Labour Camp||Chewbacca Ally Pack||2016-04-07||→|
|Geonosis Foundry||Rebel Troopers Ally Pack||2016-04-07||→|
|Endor Wilderness||Rebel Saboteurs Ally Pack||2016-02-29||→|
|Imperial Research Lab||General Weiss Villain Pack||2016-02-29||→|
|Kuat Space Station||Royal Guard Champion Villain Pack||2016-03-15||→|
|Ord Mantell Junkyard||IG-88 Villain Pack||2016-03-15||→|
|Mos Eisley Cantina||Twin Shadows||2016-03-14||→|
|Wasteland Outpost||R2-D2 and C-3PO Ally Pack||2016-06-11||→|
|Tython Meditation Field||Kayn Somos Villain Pack||2016-04-29||→|
|Imperial Space Station||Boba Fett Villain Pack||2016-04-30||→|
|Training Ground||Stormtroopers Villain Pack||2016-03-15||→|
|Development Facility||Wookiee Warriors Ally Pack||2016-04-30||→|
|Sewers of Nar Shaddaa||Hired Guns Villain Pack||2016-04-30||→|
|Echo Base||Return to Hoth||2016-05-26||→|
|Nelvaanian Warzone||Leia Organa Ally Pack||2016-03-17||→|
|Hoth Weather Shelter||Echo Base Troopers Ally Pack||2016-05-26||→|
|Climate Research Camp||General Sorin Villain Pack||2016-05-26||→|
|Hoth Battle Station||Dengar Villain Pack||2016-05-26||→|
|Imperial Command Hub||Alliance Smuggler Ally Pack||2016-02-29||→|
|Coruscant Landfill||Bantha Rider Villain Pack||2016-03-01||→|
|Bespin Tibanna Facility||The Bespin Gambit||2016-09-11||→|
|Lothal Safehouse||Lando Calrissian Ally Pack||2016-06-11||→|
|ISB Headquarters||Agent Blaise Villain Pack||2016-06-09||→|
|ISB Training Grounds||ISB Infiltrators Villain Pack||2016-06-10||→|
|Wasskah Hunting Ground||Bossk Villain Pack||2016-06-10||→|
|Kashyyyk Station||The Grand Inquisitor Villain Pack||2016-10-18||→|
|Hangar Bay||Greedo Villain Pack||2016-07-11||→|
|Anchorhead Cantina||Obi-Wan Kenobi Ally Pack||2016-07-10||→|
|The Pit of Carkoon||Jabba's Realm||2017-07-10||→|
|The Dune Sea||Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight Ally Pack||2017-07-18||→|
|Nal Hutta Swamps||Alliance Rangers Ally Pack||2017-07-26||→ Pre-Cropped|
|Endor Defense Station||Captain Terro Villain Pack||2017-08-09||→|
|Jabba’s Palace||Jabba The Hutt Villain Pack||2017-04-08||→|
|Tarkin Initiative Labs||BT-1 and 0-0-0 Villain Pack||2019-01-10||→|
|Mos Eisley Back Alleys||Jawa Scavenger Villain Pack||2017-07-10||→|
|Chopper Base, Atollon||Hera Syndulla and C1-10P Ally Pack||2017-07-07||→|
|30th Floor Plaza||Heart of the Empire||2018-07-05||→|
|Uscru Entertainment District||Ahsoka Tano, Rebel Instigator Ally Pack||2017-12-12||→|
|Coruscant Back Alleys||Maul, Seeker of Vengeance||2018-07-05||→|
|Coruscant Senate Office||Emperor Palpatine, Sith Master Villain Pack||2018-01-16||→|
|Lothal Wastes||Tyrants of Lothal||2018-11-17||→|
|Lothal Battlefront||Ezra Bridger & Kanan Jarrus||2018-11-17||→|
|Devaron Garrison||Sabine Wren & Zeb Orrelios||2018-12-01||→|
|Lothal Spaceport||Hondo Ohnaka, Friend for Hire||2018-11-24||→|
|Imperial Tower||Thrawn, Grand Admiral||2018-12-22||→|
|Map (Web Version Link)||Product||Updated||Print Version|
|Hoth Battlefield||Return to Hoth||2017-09-01||→|
|Nal Hutta Borderlands||Jabba's Realm||2017-09-01||(Note non-standard height) →|
|Temple Gardens||Heart of the Empire||2019-02-02||(Note non-standard height) →|
|Map (Web Version Link)||Updated||Print Version|
|The Malastarian Outpost||-||Not available yet|
|The Gray Cap Cantina||2019-11-16||→|
- The most popular printouts: All currently available maps or the current tournament maps (Uscru Entertainment District, Tarkin Initiative Labs, & Lothal Wastes).
- There is also a printable map set for each wave.
- Finally, individual maps can be printed by downloading the 300 DPI Print Versions linked in the table above (with '→') and submitting that to Printi (after converting to PDF). To calculate the print dimensions in inches: divide the horizontal and vertical pixels by 300.
- Recommended shop & product: Printi PVC Banners
- Printi charges by the area of your print but there is a minimum charge that's about equal to 1 or 2 maps, so you might as well order a few at once to save on the cost per map. It's also much cheaper to choose the slowest delivery time on the order page.
- The JPG & PDF files are very large so some people have trouble seeing them on their computer. Give them some time if you have an older computer.
Background & Colophon
This project was started by Ibsh and popularized on this FFG Thread. After Ibsh stepped away, he kindly passed the source files on Nick (nickv2002 on the forums and one of the hosts of the New Orders podcast). Nick worked with Stephan at Boardwars.eu to integrate with their Imperial Assault Image DB.
In addition to making high resolution maps, much care has gone into cleaning up these map images. The seams between tiles have been removed, but you’ll also find altered wording for clearer mission rules and some other subtle tweaks that we think improves the maps.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I create some other mix of printable maps? Groups for each wave and all the tournament rotations been pre-generated. Otherwise, the source code & files are all available as part of this GitHub project: download the project and edit the Python script to create a group you'd like to print (Wannabepudge has made a guide to help).
- Who’s credited for making these maps? Jabba's Palace and maps predating Jabba’s Realm were made by Ibsh. Other were made by Nick by combining scans from Ibsh’s & Leacher with tile-retouching & assembly from Stephan, EvadGonzo, Oslatir, Paul Windram, Lorunks, Fabiofotomoto, and El_Lalotreto.
- I found an mistake in the maps. Please double check with the rules and original map insert. After confirming, please Create an Issue on GitHub or let Nick know at the contact info below.
- How can I help If you're good with image-editing, please get in touch before you create anything so we can share resources and avoid duplicating work accidentally. We'll need lots of help to finish the rest of the Heart of the Empire maps and there's lots to do to improve the quality of existing tile scans.
For questions about the maps or printing please create an issue ticket here or contact Nick (FFG Forums, or nickv2002 on the BoardWars Discord). For questions about the BoardWars Image Database please contact Stephan.