OpenGL-based, ad hoc sprite library for my personal projects.
Some features include:
- Rendering solid and textured sprites in a tree hierarchy of nodes.
- Flipbook-style animation of sprites.
- Texture atlasing ("spritesheets")
- Tilemaps with multiple layers and parallax
- Basic performance optimizations
- Asynchronous loading of resources in the background, concurrent with animation and rendering of available resources.
- Support for both iOS (OpenGL ES) and macOS (OpenGL).
The project is currently abandoned. This repository is made public for demonstration purposes and for reference. I am using it as a test bed for development tools such as Travis CI, etc.
I am now working on a fully redesigned sprite library and game editor based around the new Metal API, coded entirely in Swift.
(click the image above to view on YouTube)