- NOTE FROM THE MAINTAINER:
- Contributors should use the WIP section in Changelog.draft.rst in order to add changes they are working on. I will use it to make the new changelog entry on releases. And because I'm lazy, it will also be used as a draft for the releases announces.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.4-rc2 (2011-06-15)
- Maildirs use less memory while syncing.
- Saving to Maildirs now checks for file existence without race conditions.
- A bug in the underlying imap library has been fixed that could potentially lead to data loss if the server interrupted responses with unexpected but legal server status responses. This would mainly occur in folders with many thousands of emails. Upgrading from the previous release is strongly recommended.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.4-rc1 (2011-05-16)
Welcome to the v6.3.4 pre-release cycle. Your favorite IMAP tool wins 2 new features which were asked for a long time: * an experimental SQL-based backend for the local cache; * one-way synchronization cabability.
Logic synchronization is reviewed and simplified (from 4 to 3 passes) giving improved performance.
Lot of work was done to give OfflineIMAP a better code base. Raised errors can now rely on a new error system and should become the default in the coming releases.
As usual, we ask our users to test this release as much as possible, especially the SQL backend. Have fun!
- Begin sphinx-based documentation for the code.
- Enable 1-way synchronization by settting a [Repository ...] to readonly = True. When e.g. using offlineimap for backup purposes you can thus make sure that no changes in your backup trickle back into the main IMAP server.
- Optional: experimental SQLite-based backend for the LocalStatus cache. Plain text remains the default.
- Start a enhanced error handling background system. This is designed to not stop a whole sync process on all errors (not much used, yet).
- Documentation improvements: the FAQ wins new entries and add a new HACKING file for developers.
- Lot of code cleanups.
- Reduced our sync logic from 4 passes to 3 passes (integrating upload of "new" and "existing" messages into one function). This should result in a slight speedup.
- No whitespace is stripped from comma-separated arguments passed via the -f option.
- Give more detailed error when encountering a corrupt UID mapping file.
- Drop connection if synchronization failed. This is needed if resuming the system from suspend mode gives a wrong connection.
- Fix the offlineimap crash when invoking debug option 'thread'.
- Make 'thread' command line option work.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.3 (2011-04-24)
Make this last candidate cycle short. It looks like we don't need more tests as most issues were raised and solved in the second round. Also, we have huge work to merge big and expected features into OfflineIMAP.
Thanks to all contributors, again. With such a contribution rate, we can release stable faster. I hope it will be confirmed in the longer run!
- Improved documentation for querying password.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.3-rc3 (2011-04-19)
It's more than a week since the previous release. Most of the issues raised were discussed and fixed since last release. I think we can be glad and confident for the future while the project live his merry life.
- The -f option did not work with Folder names with spaces. It works now, use with quoting e.g. -f "INBOX, Deleted Mails".
- Improved documentation.
- Bump from imaplib2 v2.20 to v2.22.
- Code refactoring.
- Fix IMAP4 tunnel with imaplib2.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.3-rc2 (2011-04-07)
We are now at the third week of the -rc1 cycle. I think it's welcome to begin the -rc2 cycle. Things are highly calming down in the code even if we had much more feedbacks than usual. Keep going your effort!
- I'd like to thank reporters who involved in this cycle:
- Баталов Григорий
- Alexander Skwar
- Christoph Höger
- Greg Grossmeier
- Iain Dalton
- Pan Tsu
- Vincent Beffara
- Will Styler
(my apologies if I forget somebody)
...and all active developers, of course!
The imaplib2 migration looks to go the right way to be definetly released but still needs more tests. So, here we go...
- Increase compatability with Gmail servers which claim to not support the UIDPLUS extension but in reality do.
- Fix hang when using Ctrl+C in some cases.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.3-rc1 (2011-03-16)
Here is time to begin the tests cycle. If feature topics are sent, I may merge or delay them until the next stable release.
Main change comes from the migration from imaplib to imaplib2. It's internal code changes and doesn't impact users. UIDPLUS and subjectAltName for SSL are also great improvements.
This release includes a hang fix due to infinite loop. Users seeing OfflineIMAP hang and consuming a lot of CPU are asked to update.
That beeing said, this is still an early release candidate you should use for non-critical data only!
- Implement UIDPLUS extension support. OfflineIMAP will now not insert an X-OfflineIMAP header if the mail server supports the UIDPLUS extension.
- SSL: support subjectAltName.
- Use imaplib2 instead of imaplib.
- Makefile use magic to find the version number.
- Rework the repository module
- Change UI names to Blinkenlights,TTYUI,Basic,Quiet,MachineUI. Old names will still work, but are deprecated. Document that we don't accept a list of UIs anymore.
- Reworked the syncing strategy. The only user-visible change is that blowing away LocalStatus will not require you to redownload ALL of your mails if you still have the local Maildir. It will simply recreate LocalStatus.
- TTYUI ouput improved.
- Code cleanups.
- Fix ignoring output while determining the rst2xxx command name to build documentation.
- Fix hang because of infinite loop reading EOF.
- Allow SSL connections to send keep-alive messages.
- Fix regression (UIBase is no more).
- Make profiling mode really enforce single-threading
- Do not send localized date strings to the IMAP server as it will either ignore or refuse them.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.2 (2010-02-21)
First of all I'm really happy to announce our new official `website`_. Most of the work started from the impulse of Philippe LeCavalier with the help of Sebastian Spaeth and other contributors. Thanks to everybody.
In this release, we are still touched by the "SSL3 write pending" but I think time was long enough to try to fix it. We have our first entry in the "KNOWN BUG" section of the manual about that. I'm afraid it could impact a lot of users if some distribution package any SSL library not having underlying (still obscure) requirements. Distribution maintainers should be care of it. I hope this release will help us to have more reports.
This release will also be the root of our long maintenance support.
Other bugs were fixed.
- Fix craches for getglobalui().
- Fix documentation build.
- Restore compatibiliy with python 2.5.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.2-rc3 (2010-02-06)
We are still touched by the "SSL3 write pending" bug it would be really nice to fix before releasing the coming stable. In the worse case, we'll have to add the first entry in the "KNOWN BUG" section of the manual. I'm afraid it could impact a lot of users if some distribution package any SSL library not having underlying (still obscure) requirements.
The best news with this release are the Curse UI fixed and the better reports on errors.
In this release I won't merge any patch not fixing a bug or a security issue.
More feedbacks on the main issue would be appreciated.
- Sample offlineimap.conf states it expects a PEM formatted certificat.
- Give better trace information if an error occurs.
- Have --version ONLY print the version number.
- Code cleanups.
- Fix Curses UI (simplified by moving from MultiLock to Rlock implementation).
- Makefile: docutils build work whether python extension command is stripped or not.
- Makefile: clean now removes HTML documentation files.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.2-rc2 (2010-12-21)
We are beginning a new tests cycle. At this stage, I expect most people will try to intensively stuck OfflineIMAP. :-)
- Makefile learn to build the package and make it the default.
- Introduce a Changelog to involve community in the releasing process.
- Migrate documentation to restructuredtext.
- Improve CustomConfig documentation.
- Imply single threading mode in debug mode exept for "-d thread".
- Code and import cleanups.
- Allow UI to have arbitrary names.
- Code refactoring around UI and UIBase.
- Improve version managment and make it easier.
- Introduce a true single threading mode.
- Understand multiple EXISTS replies from servers like Zimbra.
- Only verify hostname if we actually use CA cert.
- Fix ssl ca-cert in the sample configuration file.
- Fix 'Ctrl+C' interruptions in threads.
- Fix makefile clean for files having whitespaces.
- Fix makefile to not remove unrelated files.
- Fixes in README.
- Remove uneeded files.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.2-rc1 (2010-12-19)
We are beginning a tests cycle. If feature topics are sent, I may merge or delay them until the next stable release.
- Primitive implementation of SSL certificates check.
- Use OptionParser instead of getopts.
- Code cleanups.
- Fix reading password from UI.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.1 (2010-12-11)
Yes, I know I've just annouced the v6.3.0 in the same week. As said, it was not really a true release for the software. This last release includes fixes and improvements it might be nice to update to.
Thanks to every body who helped to make this release with patches and tips through the mailing list. This is clearly a release they own.
- cProfile becomes the default profiler. Sebastian Spaeth did refactoring to prepare to the coming unit test suites.
- UI output formating enhanced.
- Some code cleanups.
- Fix possible overflow while working with Exchange.
- Fix time sleep while exiting threads.
OfflineIMAP v6.3.0 (2010-12-09)
This release is more "administrative" than anything else and mainly marks the change of the maintainer. New workflow and policy for developers come in. BTW, I don't think I'll maintain debian/changelog. At least, not in the debian way.
Most users and maintainers may rather want to skip this release.
- Fix terminal display on exit.
- netrc password authentication.
- User name querying from netrc.