cocos2d-x is a multi-platform 2D game framework in C++, branched on cocos2d-iphone and licensed under MIT. The master branch on github uses OpenGL ES 1.1 rendering, while gles20 branch uses OpenGL ES 2.0 rendering. Currently we focus on gles20 developmenet.
- iOS: stable, well tested on iOS 5.x ~ 6.x SDK.
- Android: stable, well tested on 2.0~4.x, ndk r5 ~ r8. If you use gles20 branch or cocos2d-x v2.0 above, only android 2.3 and higher are supported
- Windows Phone 8 and Win8 Metro: stable, it's in another repo http://github.com/cocos2d-x/cocos2dx-win8.
- Bada: cocos2d-x v1.x supports Bada SDK 1.0 & 2.0. Bada support was deprecated since cocos2d-x v2.0.
- BlackBerry: stable, contribued by staffs in RIM, supports Playbook & BB10.
- Marmalade: stable since cocos2d-x v0.11.0, contributed by Marmalade's staff.
- Windows: stable, well tested on WinXP/Vista/Win7. Please upgrde the drive of your video card if you meet problems on OpenGL functions
- Linux: support but not very stable.
You can visit our continuous integration system http://ci.cocos2d-x.org to check the stability on edge version.
Supported Programming Languages
- C++ is the major programming language of cocos2d-x. Tons of top-chart cocos2d-x games were written in C++.
- Lua binding is also widely used. Glu mobile, Zynga, UCWEB, 4399, Renren Games are using lua on cocos2d-x.