Autoexec for Counter Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) including scripts and binds.
This includes my personal controls! Make sure to delete these lines or change them to yours because you will lose your current settings.
The best thing to do is look at everything in this repo and copy what you want to your own autoexec.
What is an autoexec?
An autoexec (automatic execute) is a config file which will run every time you start CSGO. This has multiple benefits
- More possibilities than the ingame settings menu because you are not limited to what Valve provides ingame.
- A backup of your configuration for when you get a new PC or you have to play on a different machine.
An autoexec can have as many (or as little) settings as you want. In this project I have split it up into different files for improved readability and to make it easier to find the settings you want.
- Assorted scripts bound to function keys
- Buy binds on numpad and arrow keys. (run
exec autoexecingame and it will echo the settings to your console)
- Sensible defaults for network, video and viewmodel.
- Displays damage done when you die. Will display at top left of your screen.
- Radar zoom in and out buttons
- Volume up/down buttons. To control ingame volume without changing your Windows volume.
- Show netgraph when holding TAB
- Friends can join your community server without an invite
- Disable automatic weapon switch on pickup
Copy all .cfg files in this repo to your csgo cfg folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
It will automatically execute all commands when you start your game.
If you're having trouble you can reload the script by writing
exec autoexec to console.
- F1 - buy drop script
Buys an AK/M4 and drops it.
- F2 - find the bomb script
Enables the noob-tips. This will show a tooltip above the bomb, useful for finding it inside a smoke.
- F3 - Crosshair changing script
Cycles through crosshairs. See the misc file to configure your own crosshair(s).
- F4 - Toggles voice chat on/off.
Very useful to mute cyka blyat teammates during clutches.
- F5 - Rapid fire
Toggles rapid fire mode. This will rebind your mousewheel to shooting. Combine this with dualies/tec-9 for maximum power.
- F6 - sm_admin
Opens the SourceMod admin menu.
- F7 - ready
Say .ready. Made for lazy people like me.
F8 - /
F9 - noclip
F10 - /
F11 - disconnect
Instantly disconnects you from current server
- F12 - Quit prompt
Shows the quit prompt.
These are located in cata-controls.cfg. Change to your desired keys
- v - Clear all blood and bullet holes from the map for better visibility
- f - Toggles weapon between left and right hand, I use this to hold certain angles better where your gun could block vision
- n - toggle "team wallhack", let's you see teammates names, nades and gun through walls
- o - Tell a bot to hold his position
- Page up/down - ingame volume buttons
- End/home - Zoom radar in or out
- Space - jump throw
- left alt - crouch + jump at the same time, this is just about the highest you can jump.
- delete/insert - +right and +left
Located in cata-text.cfg
- L - trashtalker. Will display a new message every time you press L, send me a message if you think of a funny message to include!
- k - ¯\(ツ)/¯
- m - xD
- p - What do you mean
What if the autoexec is not running on startup?
This can have multiple causes and luckily there's a couple of fixes!
Manually execute the config from inside the game
To do this, you open up your console and execute this command
exec autoexec. If you are using the config files in this repo, you will see info about loaded scripts, buy binds and other controls.
If you do this you please make sure you run the command again every time you make changes to your autoexec.
Add the command
exec autoexecto you config.cfg
config.cfg is always executed on start, by adding this command to it you can make sure the autoexec is executed straight after
+exec autoexecto the launch options of CSGO
Please don't blindy copy and paste, it WILL override your settings (controls, binds, crosshair, viewmodel). Delete what you don't want or change to your own values! Be careful when using the jump throw script! It is banned on ESEA (and possibly other services aswell). Do your own research to make sure!