Chalk is a high quality, completely customizable, performant and 100% free blog template for Jekyll.
- Dark and Light theme.
- Filter on tags.
- customizable pagination.
- Beautified link sharing in Facebook and other social media.
- Automatic time to read post indicator.
- Automatic RSS feed.
- About page.
- 404 page.
- SEO optimized.
- PageSpeed optimized.
- Cross browser support (supports all modern browsers).
- Media embed for videos.
- Enlarge images on click (like Medium).
- Circle CI
- Jekyll assets
- Jekyll Sitemap
- HTML5 Boilerplate (Influenced by)
If you haven't installed the following tools then go ahead and do so (make sure you have Homebrew installed):
brew install ruby brew install npm
Next setup your environment:
bundle exec jekyll serve
Deploy to GitHub Pages
Run this in the root project folder in your console:
You can find more info on how to use the gh-pages branch and a custom domain here.
View this for more info about automated deployment with Circle CI.
- Fork it ( https://github.com/[my-github-username]/chalk/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request