Hunspell-is: The Icelandic spelling dictionary & thesaurus
Hunspell-is is a series of scripts to generate a spelling dictionary and a thesaurus based on the Icelandic Wiktionary and a word list.
Download Pre-Built Packages
What if I spot an error?
If you find a word that shouldn't be in the dictionary, you should:
- Check if the word is in the word list.
- If the offending word is there, contact us and have the word removed.
- If it isn't there, look it up on Wiktionary.
- If you find it there, press the "Edit" tab and correct the mistake.
If you want to add new words to the dictionary, please do so by adding it to Wiktionary. Adding words to the word list is out of the scope of this project but if you would like to take over maintainance of the word list, please contact us.
# install dependencies sudo apt-get install bzip2 gawk bash ed coreutils make wget hunspell libmythes-dev # run test cases on wiktionary declension rules make test # generates dictionary, thesaurus and LibreOffice & Firefox extensions make # removes generated & temporary files make clean
- Development & project maintainer: Björgvin Ragnarsson,
- Contributors to the Icelandic Wiktionary,
- Original word list was released into the public domain in the early nineties by Orðabók Háskóla Íslands & Reiknistofnun Háskóla Íslands.
All correspondance should go through the mailing list.