Xbox Media Remote
Like a lot of people I was surprised / annoyed that the Xbox One didn't come with a network media player, it did however come as a Play To target. This leaves me with a separate problem. My media server is at the other end of the house to the Xbox One giving Play To a frustrating user experience.
There didn't seem to be any apps that would let you browse remote media shares such as Windows Media Player and then play them to the Xbox One via Play To. So naturally being a developer I built one.
Caliburn Micro sample app
This app also functions as a sample / demo app for how I build Windows 8 applications and generally about Caliburn Micro. It demonstrates a number of features including:
- A combination of View Model first and View first approaches.
- View compostion with child view models.
- Using Caliburn as a DataTemplateSelector.
- Customised View location with View.Context.
- Using Bind.Model to extend Caliburn's conventions into DataTemplates.
- Using the new 8.1 Settings Flyout.