Twilio integration for SMS-based Django apps
Developed and used at en.ig.ma software shop.
Add the following url to your urlconf:
this will receive confirmation callbacks for any SMS message that you send using
Create a new view and override
IncomingSMSView.post_save(self, obj)method to receive SMS messages via callbacks from Twilio. The received
objparam will be an instance of
Configure Twilio callback to send notifications to the above view's url.
- TWILIO_ACCOUNT_SID, TWILIO_AUTH_TOKEN, TWILIO_PHONE_NUMBER - copy credentials from the Twilio panel.
- TWILIO_CALLBACK_USE_HTTPS - use https or not for delivery confirmation callback urls.
- TWILIO_CALLBACK_DOMAIN - optionally set domain name or IP of your site (otherwise the server name will be extracted from the request info).
- TWILIO_DRY_MODE - set if you want to run in test mode.
django-twilio-sms is released under the MIT license.
- GitHub repository - https://github.com/nigma/django-twilio-sms
- PyPi Package site - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-twilio-sms
This app and many other help us build better software and focus on delivering quality projects faster. We would love to help you with your next project so get in touch by dropping an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.