Weblate is web based translation tool. It is based on translate-toolkit and heavily uses git backed to store project.
Minimalistic web based translation with direct commit to git on each translation made. There is no plan in heavy conflict resolution as these should be primarily handled on git side.
- Easy web based translation
- Propagation of translations across sub-projects (for different branches)
- Tight git integration
- Usage of Django's admin interface
- Upload and automatic merging of po files
- Links to source files for context
- GitPython (>= 0.3)
Install all required components (see above), adjust settings.py and then run ./manage.py syncdb to create database structure. Now you should be able to create translation projects using admin interface. You probably also want to run ./manage.py setuplang to get default list of languages.
As setup of translation project includes fetching Git repositories, you might want to preseed these, repos are stored in path defined by GIT_ROOT in settings.py in <project>/<subproject> directories.
The ./manage.py is extended with following commands:
- Reloads translations from disk (eg. in case you did some updates in Git repository).
- Setups list of languages (it has own list and all defined in translate-toolkit).
- Fetches remote Git repositories and updates internal cache.
The project is named as mixture of words web and translate.
This tool was written by Michal Čihař <email@example.com>.
Copyright (C) 2012 Michal Čihař <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.