A blogging tool built for Google App Engine with the goal of high performance and flexibility
- Support for posts and pages
- SEO-friendly stub URLs
- Simple and extensible template system (based on Django templating)
- Simple default template you can use as a base
- Plugin system that is easy to use
- Support for JSON and XML output
- REST interface to all posts and pages
Get the App Engine SDK:
Check this code out into a dir. cd into that dir and edit blog.yaml to fit your settings.
Edit the template at ./templates/ or make your own copy in that dir (and update blog.yaml to use it)
To run the app, cd in and run:
To deploy, use appcfg.py or the GUI that comes with Google App Engine.
@TODO blog setup yaml file @TODO cleanup object model @TODO add a sidebar & cleanup style @TODO support for Atom & RSS feeds @TODO categories @TODO export / import @TODO comments / users / moderation @TODO multi templates @TODO support multiple URLs (ie. stub changed) with list of 'old' to match and redirect @TODO timezone support with pytz (import pytz)