A email to fax gateway for asterisk. It will work as a procmail filter.
After trying out several other email to fax gateways we came to the conclusion that not any of them
- does not need java
- is compatible with asterisk 1.6
- does not cost money
- has tests
- just works
MailFaKK2 tries to live up to all these requirements.
Debian / Ubuntu
- sudo apt-get install ruby ruby-dev gs unoconv openoffice.org-headless rubygems xvfb librmagick-ruby
- sudo gem install mailfakk2
If you plan to spam by fax you should consider another product. MailFaKK2 is kind of slow. This is caused by launching OpenOffice.org for every conversion. Speed is not a priority for us (yet).
Asterisk seems to have some problems with ISDN facsimiles.
TODO / Features
- generate cover sheet TIFF frame from email body
- append OpenOffice.org documents
- append MS Office documents
- write TIFF and callfile
- procmail mode
- header and footer for every frame
- check if fax was delivered (callfile moved to outgoing_done)
This product is proudly presented to you by Planetary Networks.