How Do You Do, Fellow Devs?
Oh, don't mind the pizza there, but I hope you're hungry now.
I’m a software craftsman with a strong passion for open source software and the latest technologies. I'm working as a software engineer and consultant at Futurice since August 2020. You can read my thoughts in long-form from my blog, DEV.to, or in bytesize format from Mastodon.
💻 Interesting Links
- The Ineffable Story of Me
- My Professional Journey (in form of a resume)
- Tools I Use to Survive My Day
- What Is It I'm Doing Now
📜 Recent Blog Entries
- The Unsurprising Truth about What Motivates Developers
- Fight the Inner Impostor with Just-In-Time Learning
- First Four Weeks at Futurice
- Kickstarting the Open-Source Culture in Your Company
- Layman's Guide to Higher-Order Functions
- Rapid Prototyping with Table-Driven Testing
- Quoth the Raven, Virtualize Your Stand-Ups
- Being a Good Developer: Six Tips for a Painless Code Review
- The Five Ideals of Developer Experience
- Checking a Web Page for Dead Links
👷 Recent Contributions
- nikoheikkila/nikoheikkila.fi – A blog by Niko Heikkilä. Powered by coffee, VS Code, and Gatsby.
- nikoheikkila/fish-completions – Command completion scripts for the Fish Shell
- nikoheikkila/setup – New Computer, Who Dis? – Setup new development box with a single script
- paytrail/e2-module – A PHP client library for creating payments with Paytrail Form Interface (E2)
- paytrail/react-paytrail-e2 – React library and component for creating payments with Paytrail E2 interface.
🧙♂️ Recent Gists
- Startup file for IPython
- TypeScript: Format floating euros to string notation
- Use conventional commits through a VS Code shortcut
📧 How to Reach Me?
At the moment, I'm not looking for work so leave those messages unsent. If you seek advice in software development or any other area I might be skilled in, drop me a message and I'll reply in a couple of days.
Check my projects below and leave a star if you find anything interesting.