How Do You Do, Fellow Devs?
Oh, don't mind the pizza there, but I hope you're hungry now.
I’m a software craftsman and engineer with a strong passion for making work and life better for other software engineers. You can read my thoughts in long-form from my blog, newsletter, or in bytesize format from Mastodon.
💻 Interesting Links
- The Ineffable Story of Me
- My Professional Journey (in form of a resume)
- Tools I Use to Survive My Day
- What Is It I'm Doing Now
📜 Recent Blog Entries
- A Practical Guide to Micro-Commits
- Layman's Guide to Higher-Order Functions
- The Definitive List of Things I Don't Know
- Test-Driven Development on a Bus Ride to Hell
- Be Effective, Not Productive
- Use Case Driven Development: How to Write Resilient and Robust Tests
- Turning up the Developer Experience to Eleven with Mob Programming
- The Essentials of Simple Design
- How do you ensure your team receives feedback as fast as possible?
- New Computer — Who Dis?
👷 Recent Contributions
- nikoheikkila/publicator – A better user experience for publishing Python packages with Poetry.
- nikoheikkila/rust-training – My Shenanigans in Rust
- nikoheikkila/semmy – Semantic versioning made easy for Python
- nikoheikkila/playwright-kickstarter – A kickstarter repository to try out E2E tests with Microsoft Playwright.
- nikoheikkila/expense-tracker – A full-stack web application tracking my expenses.
🧙♂️ Recent Gists
- General directory scanner implementation in pure Python
- Python: Quick script to update all the existing Poetry packages by traversing pyproject.toml file.
- Fish Shell: Interactive runner for your Taskfile tasks
- A quick way to serialize Numpy Array to JSON
- A simple example of refactoring a function in baby steps from returning to boolean all the way to Either monad.
📧 How to Reach Me?
At the moment, I'm not looking for work so leave those messages unsent. If you seek advice in modern software engineering, architecture, agile methods, or similar areas I am skilled in, then drop me a message and I'll reply in a couple of days.
Check my projects below and leave a star if you find anything interesting.