TopTal expenses application
A simple expenses tracker web application with API built in Rails and app built in AngularJS. Complete tutorial is on this link: http://www.nikolatodorovic.com/nikolas-blog/rails-4-angularjs-json-web-token-authentication
Write a simple expenses tracker web application
- The user must be able to create an account and log in.
- When logged in, user can see, edit and delete expenses he entered.
- Implement at least two roles with different permission levels (ie: a regular user would only be able to CRUD on his owned records, a user manager would be able to CRUD users, an admin would be able to CRUD on all records and users, etc.)
- When an expense record is entered, each one has: date, time, description, amount, comment
- User can filter expenses.
- User can print expenses per week with total amount and average day spending.
- Minimal UI/UX design is needed.
- REST API. Make it possible to perform all user actions via the API, including authentication (If a mobile application and you don’t know how to create your own backend you can use Parse.com, Firebase.com or similar services to create the API).
- You need to be able to pass credentials to both the webpage and the API.
- In any case you should be able to explain how a REST API works and demonstrate that by creating functional tests that use the REST Layer directly.
- Bonus: unit tests!
- You will not be marked on graphic design, however, do try to keep it as tidy as possible.