Typed Objects Explainer
This is an effort to pull together and explain the various typed objects spec in an informal fashion. The explanations are divided into groups:
- Core defines the core typed objects proposal.
- Value types defines an extension to the core proposal to support new kinds of values, akin to numbers and strings.
- SIMD defines how the proposed SIMD spec fits into all this.
- OO types defines an extension to allow typed objects to (more) accurately describe the kinds of things one can describe in Java or C#.
- Class syntax explores integration of typed objects with ES6 class syntax and modules.
- Operator overloading describes a mechanism for operator overloading that integrates with the value types proposal.
Caveat: This set of explainers is very much a work in progress. The further down that list you go, the less consensus exists on the design.
Join the IRC channel at #typed-objects on irc.mozilla.org (irc://irc.mozilla.org/typed-objects).