Botter is a modular IRC bot made with Ruby. It uses Ruby-IRC to interact with IRC servers.
- Google search (e.g.
- DuckDuckGo ZeroClickInfo (e.g.
- Resend a manually corrected message
- Display YouTube video data when a link is posted to a channel
- Display the contents of a tweet when a link is posted to a channel
- Post a new tweet to Twitter
- Ruby 2.0
Any operating system should work, as long as all the dependencies can be built.
How to install
Install all the dependencies:
% bundle install
Afterwards, copy the example configuration to
config.yml and edit it to fit
% cp config.yml.example config.yml % vi config.yml
And finally start Botter:
(If that didn't work, try
bundle exec ruby bot.rb)