0.8.2 - 08/01/2017
This is a small bug fix release which resolves problems with the installation of Aporia (and likely other Nimble packages).
0.8.0 - 05/01/2017
This is a large release containing multiple new features and many bug fixes.
- Implemented a completely new output system.
- Supports different message types and priorities. Each is differently encoded using a color and a brightness.
- The amount of messages shown can be changed by using the new
--debugflags, by default only high priority messages are shown.
- Duplicate warnings are filtered out to prevent too much noise.
- Package namespaces are now validated. You will see a warning whenever an incorrectly namespaced package is read by Nimble, this can occur either during installation or when the installed package database is being loaded. The namespacing rules are described in Nimble's readme. Consider these warnings to be unstable, if you see something that you think is incorrect please report it.
- Special version dependencies are now installed into a directory with that
special version in its name. For example,
compiler@#headwill be installed into
~/.nimble/pkgs/compiler-#head. This reduces the amount of redundant installs. See #88 for more information.
- External dependencies can now be specified in .nimble files. Nimble doesn't install these, but does instruct the user on how they can be installed. More information about this feature can be found in the readme.
- Nimble now supports package aliases in the packages.json files.
- Fixed regression that caused transitive dependencies to not be installed.
- Fixed problem with
installcommand when a
srcdirectory is present in the current directory.
- Improved quoting of process execution arguments.
- Many improvements to custom
--nimbleDirhandling. All commands should now support it correctly.
nimble -vwill no longer read the Nimble config before displaying the version.
- Refresh command now supports a package list name as argument.
- Fixes issues with symlinks not being removed correctly.
- Changed the way the
dumpcommand locates the .nimble file.
Full changelog: https://github.com/nim-lang/nimble/compare/v0.7.10...v0.8.0
Full list of issues which have been closed: https://github.com/nim-lang/nimble/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+closed%3A%222016-10-09+..+2017-01-05%22+
0.7.10 - 09/10/2016
This release includes multiple bug fixes.
- Reverted patch that breaks binary stubs in Git Bash on Windows.
nimscriptapi.nimfile is now statically compiled into the binary. This should fix the "could not find nimscriptapi.nim" errors. The file can still be overriden by placing a file named
nimblepkgdirectory that is placed alongside the Nimble binary, or by a
~/.nimble/pkgs/nimble-ver/nimblepkg/. For more information see the code that looks for this file.
- Nim files can now be imported in .nimble nimscript files. (Issue #186)
- Requiring a specific git commit hash no longer fails. (Issue #129)
Full changelog: https://github.com/nim-lang/nimble/compare/v0.7.8...v0.7.10
0.7.8 - 28/09/2016
This is a hotfix release which fixes crashes when Nimble (or Nim) is installed
C:\Program Files or other paths with spaces in them.
0.7.6 - 26/09/2016
This is a small release designed to coincide with the release of Nim 0.15.0.
- Fixes compilation on 0.15.0.
- Fixes #239.
- Fixes #215.
- VCS information is now stored in the Nimble package metadata.
0.7.4 - 06/06/2016
This release is mainly a bug fix release. The installation problems introduced by v0.7.0 should now be fixed.
- Fixed symlink install issue (Thank you @yglukhov).
- Fixed permission issue when installing packages (Thank you @SSPkrolik).
- Work around for issue #204. (Thank you @Jeff-Ciesielski).
- Fixed FD leak. (Thank you @yglukhov).
- Implemented the
--depsOnlyoption for the
- Various fixes to installation/nimscript support problems introduced by v0.7.0.
Full changelog: https://github.com/nim-lang/nimble/compare/v0.7.2...v0.7.4
0.7.2 - 11/02/2016
This is a hotfix release which alleviates problems when building Nimble.
See Issue #203 for more information.
0.7.0 - 30/12/2015
This is a major release.
Significant changes include NimScript support, configurable package list
URLs, a new
publish command, the removal of the dependency on
OpenSSL, and proxy support. More detailed list of changes follows:
chcpon Windows XP and Windows Vista (Thank you @vegansk).
- Fixed incorrect command line processing (Issue #151)
- Removed advertising clause from license (Issue #153)
publishcommand (Thank you for taking the initiative @Araq)
- Implemented NimScript support. Nimble now import a portion of the Nim compiler source code for this. (Thank you for taking the initiative @Araq)
- Fixes incorrect logic for finding the Nim executable (Issue #125).
- Renamed the
updatecommand will mean something else soon! (Issue #158)
- Improvements to the
initcommand. (Issue #96)
- Package names must now officially be valid Nim identifiers. Package's with dashes in particular will become invalid in the next version. Warnings are shown now but the next version will show an error. (Issue #126)
- Added error message when no build targets are present. (Issue #108)
- Implemented configurable package lists. Including fallback URLs (Issue #75).
- Removed the OpenSSL dependency (Commit ec96ee7)
- Implemented proxy support. This can be configured using the
https_proxyenvironment variables or Nimble's configuration (Issue #86).
- Fixed issues with reverse dependency storage (Issue #113 and #168).
Full changelog: https://github.com/nim-lang/nimble/compare/v0.6.2...v0.7.0
0.6.4 - 30/12/2015
This is a hotfix release fixing compilation with Nim 0.12.0.
See Issue #180 for more info.
0.6.2 - 19/06/2015
binDiroption to specify where the build output should be placed (Thank you @minciue).
- Fixed deprecated code (Thank you @lou15b).
- Fixes to old
.babelfolder handling (Thank you @ClementJnc).
- Added ability to list only the installed packages via
nimble list --installed(Thank you @hiteshjasani.
- Fixes compilation with Nim v0.11.2 (Thank you @JCavallo).
- Implements the
--nimbleDiroption (Thank you @ClementJnc).
nimble uninstallnot giving an error when no package name is specified (Thank you @dom96).
- When installing and building
a tagged version of a package fails, Nimble will
now attempt to install and build the
#headof the repo (Thank you @dom96).
- Fixed cloning of git repositories with non-standard default branches (Thank you @dom96).
Full changelog: https://github.com/nim-lang/nimble/compare/v0.6...v0.6.2
0.6.0 - 26/12/2014
- Renamed from Babel to Nimble
- Introduces compatibility with Nim v0.10.0+
- Implemented the
initcommand which generates a .nimble file for new projects. (Thank you @singularperturbation)
- Improved cloning of git repositories. (Thank you @gradha)
pathcommand issues (Thank you @gradha)
- Fixes problems with symlinking when there is a space in the path. (Thank you @philip-wernersbach)
- The code page will now be changed when executing Nimble binary packages. This adds support for Unicode in cmd.exe (#54).
.cmdfiles are now used in place of
.batfiles. Shell files for Cygwin/Git bash are also now created.
0.4.0 - 24/06/2014
- Introduced the ability to delete packages.
- When installing packages, a list of files which have been copied is stored in the babelmeta.json file.
- When overwriting an already installed package babel will no longer delete the whole directory but only the files which it installed.
- Versions are now specified on the command line after the '@' character when
installing and uninstalling packages. For example:
babel install firstname.lastname@example.org
babel install foobar@#head.
- The babel package installation directory can now be changed in the new config.
- Fixes a number of issues.