Ampache is a web based audio/video streaming application and file manager allowing you to access your music & videos from anywhere, using almost any internet enabled device.
Ampache's usefulness is heavily dependent on being able to extract correct metadata from embedded tags in your files and/or the filename. Ampache is not a media organiser; it is meant to be a tool which presents an already organised collection in a useful way. It assumes that you know best how to manage your files and are capable of choosing a suitable method for doing so.
Currently, the recommended version is git HEAD.
Latest changes but unstable is develop branch.
A web server. All of the following have been used, though Apache receives the most testing:
PHP 5.4 or greater.
- simplexml (This is not strictly necessary, but may result in a better experience.)
- curl (This is not strictly necessary, but may result in a better experience.)
Please see the wiki
If you are upgrading from an older version of Ampache we recommend moving the old directory out of the way, extracting the new copy in its place and then copying the old config/ampache.cfg.php, /rest/.htaccess, and /play/.htaccess files if any. All database updates will be handled by Ampache.
Ampache is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Ampache includes some external modules that carry their own licensing.
- getID3: GPL v2
- Horde_Browser: LGPL v2.1
- PHP-gettext: GPL v2
- MusicBrainz: MIT
- PHP MPD interface: GPL v2
- PHPMailer: LGPL v2.1
- jQuery: MIT
- Requests: ISC Licensed
- Whatever:hover: LGPL v2.1
- xbmc-php-rpc: GPL v3
- Dropbox SDK: MIT
- jPlayer: MIT
- prettyPhoto: GPL v2
- [Tag-it!] (http://aehlke.github.io/tag-it): MIT
- [PHP Echo Nest API] (https://github.com/bshaffer/php-echonest-api): MIT
- [Noty] (http://ned.im/noty): MIT
- [jScroll] (https://github.com/pklauzinski/jscroll): MIT
- [jquery.qrcode] (http://jeromeetienne.github.io/jquery-qrcode): MIT
- [PHP OpenID] (https://github.com/openid/php-openid): Apache License
- [Ratchet] (http://socketo.me): MIT
- [ReactPHP] (https://github.com/reactphp/react): MIT
- [Guzzle] (https://github.com/guzzle/guzzle): MIT
- [Symfony Components] (https://github.com/symfony): MIT
- [Evenement] (https://github.com/igorw/evenement): MIT
- [RhinoSlider] (http://rhinoslider.com): MIT
- [MediaTable] (https://github.com/edenspiekermann/MediaTable): MIT
- [Responsive Elements] (https://github.com/kumailht/responsive-elements): MIT
- [Bootstrap] (http://getbootstrap.com): MIT
- [jQuery Knob] (https://github.com/aterrien/jQuery-Knob): MIT
- [jQuery File Upload] (https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload): MIT
- [jsTree] (http://www.jstree.com): MIT
- [php-tmdb-api] (https://github.com/wtfzdotnet/php-tmdb-api) : MIT
- [TvDb] (https://github.com/Moinax/TvDb) : MIT
- [jQuery DateTimePicker] (https://github.com/xdan/datetimepicker) : MIT
- [pChart] (http://www.pchart.net) : GPL v3
- [ZipStream-PHP] (https://github.com/maennchen/ZipStream-PHP) : [ZipStream-PHP license] (modules/zipstream/COPYING)
- [SabreDAV] (https://github.com/fruux/sabre-dav) : New BSD
Ampache is currently translated (at least partially) into the following languages. If you are interested in updating an existing translation or adding a new one please see /locale/base/TRANSLATIONS for more instructions.
- English (en_US)
- Arabic (ar_SA)
- Catalan (ca_ES)
- Catalan (ca_ES)
- Czech (cs_CZ)
- Dutch (nl_NL)
- French (fr_FR)
- German (de_DE)
- Greek (el_GR)
- Italian (it_IT)
- Japanese (ja_JP)
- Norwegian (nb_NO)
- Persian (fa_IR)
- Polish (pl_PL)
- Russian (ru_RU)
- Spanish (es_ES)
- Swedish (sv_SE)
- UK English (en_GB)
Thanks to all those who have helped make Ampache awesome: Credits
Hate it? Love it? Let us know. Also let us know if you think of any more features, encounter bugs, etc.