a heuristic-centric DICOM converter
heudiconv is a flexible DICOM converter for organizing brain imaging data
into structured directory layouts.
- it allows flexible directory layouts and naming schemes through customizable heuristics implementations
- it only converts the necessary DICOMs, not everything in a directory
- you can keep links to DICOM files in the participant layout
- using dcm2niix under the hood, it's fast
- it can track the provenance of the conversion from DICOM to NIfTI in W3C PROV format
- it provides assistance in converting to BIDS.
- it integrates with DataLad to place converted and original data under git/git-annex version control, while automatically annotating files with sensitive information (e.g., non-defaced anatomicals, etc)