Request Lyft rides from the command line.
go get -u github.com/nishanths/lyft
Lyft Line isn't available on Lyft's web application as of October 2017. This program can help you order Line rides from your computer.
Create a ride using
lyft ride create.
lyft -help for more commands such as canceling rides, checking the
status of rides, and saving predefined routes to use for rides.
- Install the program using
go get -u github.com/nishanths/lyft.
- Set up a Google Maps Geocode API key, a Lyft client ID, and a Lyft client secret:
export GOOG_GEOCODE_KEY=<key> export LYFT_CLIENT_ID=<key> export LYFT_CLIENT_SECRET=<key>
- Begin requesting rides! See the example above. The first time you request a ride, you will need to authorize the program to order rides on your behalf. Follow the instructions printed on the command line. You will only need to do this the first time.
Create an issue if you run into trouble.
Google Maps Geocode API key:
Lyft API keys:
- Visit https://www.lyft.com/developers/apps/new and sign in.
- Create a new app. Use any values for the app name and description.
http://localhost:90or any unused local URL for the Redirect URL, and hit Submit.
- That's it. You should be able to see your Client ID and Client Secret.