Installs an elasticsearch node from source.
Only tested on Ubuntu.
Recipes are written in a modular way to support composable components. The cookbook provides these composed services by default:
- stand-alone - compose a stand-alone elasticsearch server
- _config - configure elasticsearch
- _dependencies - install required dependencies
- _directories - setup directories used by elasticsearch
- _group - install elasticsearch group
- _runit - setup service with runit
- _source - install elasticsearch from source
- _user - install elasticsearch user
Either use the pre-composed recipe or compose your own versions from the low-level recipes.
License and Author
Author:: Nikolay Sturm firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.