An unofficial app and mailing list to keep faithful bargoers informed of the beers available at the excellent Brasserie Bénélux.
This project is composed of three softwares:
- A mobile app and social network,
- a server with a RESTful API for the mobile app and a web interface to subscribe to the mailing list
- and a daily background program which updates the DB and send emails.
Compile and execute
First, choose a server and set the
SERVER environment variable accordingly.
It can be localhost, a local development server or the official server.
localhost:8080. This is enough to test running the server and the GNU/Linux client on the same machine.
SERVER=192.168.0.1or to your IP to quickly setup a development server. This allows you to work and test both the clients and the server.
SERVER=benitlux.xymus.netto use the official server, it should work with all clients. It is not advised to use the official server with unstable clients.
Build and run on GNU/Linux with
make bin/benitlux && bin/benitlux
Build and install for Android with:
make bin/benitlux.apk && adb install -rd bin/benitlux.apk
Build and simulate for iOS with:
make bin/benitlux.app && ios-sim launch bin/benitlux.app
Install all required development packages. Under Debian or Ubuntu, you can use:
apt-get install libevent-dev libsqlite3-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev sendmail
Launch the daily background program with:
bin/benitlux_daily (the argument
-e sends the emails)
Launch the server with:
The Web interface will be accessible at http://localhost:8080/
Features and TODO
- Web page parser
- Daily mailer
- Web interface
- Serialization and deserialization of data classes
- Android app
- iOS app
- Charlevoix location support
- Authenticate unsubscribe actions over GET
- Social network and location updates
- Event updates