My personal website and blog created with Jekyll
This is a project to build a landing page and full site for my personal domain, gavingreer.com. Other goals for site content include a blog (with comments), professional CV/Resume page, projects list, and links to social media.
During development of this project, my personal goals and self-imposed limitations include:
- Learn more about how it works generally
- How to use themes and customize them
- Exposure to Ruby and Gems
- Development Environment
- Limit all development work to the WSL2 Ubuntu instance on my laptop
- Limit all file editing to VIM
- All Git commits and repo management from the command line
- Production Environment
- Publish project to a Linode VPS instance
- Secure with SSL
- Serve with Nginx
- Learn SASS basics
- Use sass to configure and consolidate site CSS
- Target inital deployment date of 2020-02-03
- Initial deployment will be a static transfer of site files through the commandline as a clone from Github.
- Long term goal is to utilize a CI/CD strategy using Jenkins/Github hooks/etc.
htmlproofer --http-status-ignore "999" --url-ignore "/fonts.gstatic.com/" --assume-extension --check-favicon _site/
- Linkedin urls might be correct but they are configured to pass HTTP 999 for some user agents.
- Google Fonts DNS prefetch urls will fail
- assume extension for jekyll sites
- enable check favicon