l2tpvpn module is a puppet (http://puppetlabs.com/) module that can be used to deploy a L2TP VPN quickly in Ubuntu.
Currently, this module is only verified for:
- puppet v3.0.1 in Ubuntu 12.04 in Windows Azure cloud environment.
- puppet v2.7.25 in Amazon Linux 2014.03 in Amazon EC2 environment.
It is developed primarily to set up a VPN quickly to climb over the Great Fire Wall for personal use.
- Run "curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/niyue/l2tpvpn/master/bin/install_deps.sh -O"
- Run "bash install_deps.sh"
- Amazon Linux
- Run "curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/niyue/l2tpvpn/master/bin/install_deps_amazon_linux.sh -O"
- Run "bash install_deps_amazon_linux.sh"
- This script will install puppet 3.0 or later just like an automated version of http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/puppetlabs_package_repositories.html#for-debian-and-ubuntu
- git will be installed as well
- the l2tpvpn puppet module in Github will be installed
- cd l2tpvpn
- Modify the username/password in tests/init.pp by changing the key/value pair for 'credentials' hash
- change 'shared_key' and credentials to anything you like, and you will use them in step #5 when setting up your VPN client
Install and apply puppet module
- run "sudo bash ./bin/apply_puppet.sh"
Open UDP ports
- If the server is hosted behind a fire wall, please ensure UDP ports 500 and 4500 are open to allow clients to connect.
- Now you can connect your iOS/Android client to the L2TP VPN server via the credentials specified above
Ni Yue (niyue.com AT gmai1 d0t c0m)
Just drop me an email.