Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
With 1.0.0-rc.10, electron ^4.0.0 will be available for use when invoking the generator, and ^3.0.0 will be the default. Internally (for testing), electron v4 is used, along with spectron v5. The
background.js no longer relies on
process.env.NODE_ENV to determine whether to load from the dev server or from the packaged app (#164).
- If your project uses Jest, you will be prompted to set up a Spectron test when adding this plugin (#128, 57895c7)
These releases fix #117, where
installVueDevtools() would not return a promise. If you are using
electron@^3.0.0, it is recommended that you upgrade. You do not need to re-invoke the generator.
This release includes a hotfix for #117, where Electron v3 would only display a blank screen. It also removes the need of the
<base> tag in the
index.html. After updating, remove that line, and your app will continue to work as normal.
Yes, I know it is in RC phase, but these needed to happen before the final release.
This release changes the command names!
This was changed to make it match other Vue CLI Plugins, see #94 for more info.
You MUST re-invoke the generator if you upgrade to this version. To do so, run
vue invoke electron-builder. This is caused because:
Previously, your app would be packaged relative to the project's root. Since your built code is placed in
__dirname in a built app would be
[path-to-install]/resources/app.asar/dist_electron/bundled/. Now, it is packaged relative to
dist_electron/bundled. In a built app,
__dirname would be
process.env.BASE_URL will still function the same.
- You can now choose your desired Electron version when adding this plugin (ec48369)
- CLI output is prettier, and errors when bundling the main process are friendlier (#105, 61510e7)
- Custom electron args are now supported (#93, b45b2ef) thanks @zdevwu
- The output dir can be set with
--dest, and changing it no longer requires you to set the
mainproperty of your
- Environment variables prefixed with
VUE_APP_can now be accessed in the main process (#83, 23ff11b)
- Electron is killed gracefully during development (#110, ed0bcb8) Huge thanks to @Desuuuu
- Entry name is now used as output file. This makes it easier to add files to the main process bundling (#106, dc9940b)
- The installation process of VueJS devtools now supports a dynamically set
12 issues have been closed since the last release
A few new features
- Electron's junk output is now stripped from the terminal (#60, da4033e)
--skipBundleonly runs electron-builder, skipping all bundling (#70, 368a9e4)
--legacydisables modern mode while bundling the renderer process (#71, 368a9e4)
- Add support for custom
node_modulesfolder path when detecting externals (#75, 4cb6886)
And, the bug fixes
I am now able to move VCP-Electron-Builder into release candidate stage
To upgrade, you will only need to re-invoke the generator (
vue invoke electron-builder) if you need native modules support. Thanks to the smart generator (d4d55c6), only missing code will be added and the rest will be left alone.