Ed is a tool which makes adding cars easier for your favorite racing game!
Currently supported games are:
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
- Need for Speed: Carbon
! Please don't ask support for other games. They may or may not be added over time.
Note: To make your add-on cars work properly, you will need either one of these .asi mods:
- Most Wanted = NFSMW Unlimiter: https://nfsmods.xyz/mod/688
- Carbon = NFSC Unlimiter: https://nfsmods.xyz/mod/846 | NFSC Car Array Patch by sparx: https://nfsmods.xyz/mod/834
! Don't use more than one mod at the same time for a specific game. Only use the one which works better for you.
The tool is pretty straightforward and it's made for last user. So, anyone who knows English can easily use it.
Config<Game Name>: The folder used to store .ini config files. Copy your config files here.
Resources<Game Name>\FrontEnd\FrontEndTextures<Folder Name with TPK Hash>: Textures folder for FrontA.bun/FrontB.lzc. Copy the textures (CARSELECT_MANUFACTURER_x and SECONDARY_LOGO_x) you want to add into FrontA.bun/FrontB.lzc here.
Temp<Game Name>: Temporary folder which will get created when Ed is working. Use Keep Temporary Files option to prevent Ed from deleting them.
! It's not suggested to make changes on other files in these folders unless you're a professional.
Installation and usage:
! Before installation, make sure that you have installed .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.
Now you can use Ed. Just follow these steps:
- Copy the files anywhere on your PC.
- Run "Ed.exe" as administrator.
- Press Ctrl+O or click Main > Open to select your game installation directory.
Brotip: It's usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts or C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES.
- If the game is detected, you will see the folder path under the Config List view.
- Config files for the game will be listed on the screen. If you don't see any, press Ctrl+B or click Main > Browse Config Folder... to copy them in. Then, press F5 to refresh the view.
Brotip: Also see the Example Config File.ini.
- Now press Alt+A, click "Apply" button or click Tools > Apply the Changes in Config File(s).
- Ed now should do everything required to add the cars you want.
- If the "New cars added successfully." dialog appears, it means that Ed completed his job.
- Now add the VLT entries required using nfsu360's NFS-VltEd. (Author of the car should have added a .nfsms with it, or you can do it manually.)
- Run the game, create a new save game and enjoy your new car!
IMPORTANT: This is a pre-release! If you find any issues, feel free to report them on #ed-issues channel (including your Ed.log file) on Extra Options Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/EfgtTQb)
MORE IMPORTANT: It's suggested to use Tools > Unlock Game Files For Modding if it's your first time to mod your game, or if you have any issues.
Changelog: (+ Addition, * Change, ! Attention, - Deletion)
v126.96.36.1994 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Made some minor fixes and improvements.
- Worked around weird font issue.
- Added a setting to prevent Ed from auto-restoring GlobalB.lzc before operation.
- Settings now get saved between sessions.
v188.8.131.522 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Made some minor fixes and improvements.
- Added Russian language files into resources.
- Improved Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) support.
v184.108.40.2060 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Added Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) support! (Still work in progress, needs further testing.)
- Fixed an issue which happens when the last config file belongs to an existing car.
v220.127.116.117 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Fixed an issue when user tries to make changes on an existing car.
- Fixed an issue which causes duplicate entries in Car Part Info.
v18.104.22.1685 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Fixed an issue with comments (text after //) in config files.
- Fixed an issue when user tries to copy an existing collision for a car with the same xname.
v22.214.171.1243 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Fixed an issue with Car Part Info when users try to add more than 1 car.
v126.96.36.1991 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Fixed an issue with Car Info Array when users try to add more than 1 car.
- Fixed an issue which makes added textures invisible.
v188.8.131.520 (Build 1; Rev.00 BETA) :
- Initial release.
- ArturoPlayerOne and 379Felipe for their successful attempts on adding cars.
- MWInside for ReCompiler, resources and inspiration.
- 379Felipe for testing, resources and tutorials.
- heyitsleo for resources and their great help.
- Hypercycle for resources.
- Speedyheart for resources.
- Xanvier for XNFSTPKTool.
- Improvement Mod Team (379Felipe, GXP-10, Neon, RaTT, sparx, SpeedyHeart and Xanvier) for their great help.
- And anyone I forgot to write here...
See ya! ©2019 nlgzrgn @ ExOpts Team - No rights reserved. ;)