What is it?
Chromed Bird is a general purpose Chromium twitter extension.
Currently only Dev channel releases of Google Chrome support extensions. Check http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel.
Chromed Bird is only starting but it already lets you do basic stuff like view your friends timeline, compose tweets, and replying and retweeting. Let's try to summarize this:
- Follow your friends timeline and navigate through older tweets
- Tweets caching to avoid hitting Twitter's API rate limit (Only hit Twitter after 1 minute or when fetching uncached pages)
- Compose, reply, and RT tweets
- It uses Chromium autoupdate feature, so you won't be left behind.
There are lots of missing stuff, some of them seem to be limitations from Chromium's current extensions API.
- It should automatically notify on new tweets, but I couldn't find a way to open a popup from the background page.
- It'd be nice to track read / unread tweets.
- There seem to be some issues with popup window resizing, it doesn't shrink back as content shrinks.
- Use OAuth authentication (Although I think it's a little cumbersome to have users copying and pasting the PIN number)
This project uses the very simple and permissive MIT license. Check the LICENSE file.