(Forked) tc - Twitter Commander - originally by hmason
tc is a command-line twitter client with smart filtering and statistical classification.
- whitelists for users whose content you always want to see and prioritize
- blacklist for users you follow whose content you never want to see
- blacklist for regular expressions to filter out of your stream entirely
- topic classification (simple right now, I'm working on this)
- the command-line UI rules the skool
mongodb - should be running on localhost (it's easy) - http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
pymongo - the python interface to mongo tweepy - twitter API client nltk - for simple topic classification and filtering
Install dependencies, and configure your username in settings.py. Then, run load_tweets.py. If it's your first time, you'll have to go through the oath authorization process.
load_tweets.py - loads tweets from twitter and insert into the db. run this first.
t.py - twitter client options: -n # -- number of tweets to display (default = 10) -s time|antitime|rel|inf -- sort unread tweets by time (newest first), antitime (oldest first), rel (arbitrary relevance), inf ('influence' - using klout score) (default = time) -m -- don't mark displayed tweets as read (for debugging) -d -- print debug output to STDOUT (for debugging)
s.py - search tweets options: args -- search terms -n # - number of results to display (default = 10) -u val -- search username and user's name fields for val, display username and bio