Etherpad for Elgg
[Etherpad] (http://etherpad.org/) integration on Elgg.
Etherpad is a highly customizable Open Source online editor providing collaborative editing in really real-time.
- Upgrade to v2.2 was funded by Andre Bouchain.
Install Etherpad Lite
- Follow INSTALL instructions.
- You will install ep-lite dependences (node.js, npm...), install and configure ep-lite and finally create a daemon to manage it.
- Extract plugin.
- Copy the etherpad folder and its contents into elgg's mod directory.
- Enable plugin from admin settings.
- Etherpad Lite host address (the address you use to connect to your etherpad service) If you have Etherpad Lite installed locally the address will be something like http://127.0.0.1:9001 (localhost, port 9001)
- Etherpad Lite API key, this is your unique key used to interact with the etherpad api, sort of like a password. The plugin needs this to function correctly, you can find your api key in etherpad lites root directory in a text file called APIKEY.txt
- New pad text, this is the text that will be added to each new pad.
- Integrate pads and pages, Removes normal pad behavior and integrates pads into pages. (Requires pages plugin)
- Show controls, show/hide etherpad lites control bar.
- Show chat, show/hide etherpad lites built in chat service.
- Show line numbers, show/hide line numbers.
- Use monospace font.
- Show comments, show/hide elgg comments on etherpads.
- Supported languages: English, Spanish.
- Huge thanks to Sem for this release, really nice work.
- Etherpad Lite is not included in the plugin, you need to install and configure it separately.
- See CHANGELOG file
- GPL version 2+, see LICENSE for more details.