MembersMap Plugin for Elgg
Elgg map plugin for showing community members in Google Maps, based on "location" field offering multiple search options.
This plugin requires the Maps API plugin (https://github.com/nlybe/Elgg-MapsAPI)
- Group widget for displaying group members on map
- Option to display members around current logged-in user's location
- Option to show initally all members, newest members or members around current loggedin user's location
- Optionally, a list of members, who are displayed on map, loaded on sidebar
- Search functionality users on map using location, radius and keyword
- Option to ask a customized search via URL, e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/membersmap?l=Greece&r=3000&q=username&sr=show
- Based on Google Geocoding API
- Elgg caching of user locations
- Use of MarkerClusterer for improving map view when a large number of users are there on map
- When multiple markers are located at the same or nearby location, they are splitted so they are clickable
- Non registered users can see only users with public location.
- Registered users can see all users, online users and friends.
- Search for members based on a given address and radius
- Search for nearby members based on radius
- Search for members on map by name and their nearby members (optional)
- Option to show search area.
- Display members of group on map, if this option is enabled on group.
- Widget for users to display their location on map
- Option to display Newest Members as intro page of the map section
- Option to select marker in settings
- Compatible with Profile Manager plugin (default 'location' field is required)
- Visit user's profile from map
- Multiple configuration options about google maps
Requires: Elgg 2.1 or higher
- Upload amap_maps_api plugin in "/mod/" elgg folder and activate it
- In "Administration/Configure/Settings/AgoraMap Maps API" you must enter API keys and basic map options
- Upload membersmap in "/mod/" elgg folder and activate it
- Optionally in "Administration/Configure/Settings/AgoraMap Maps API", run once 'Batch Users Geolocation' for geolocate current users
- In "Administration/Configure/Settings/Map of Members" you can configure several plugin options
- If using Profile Manager, in the Profile Manager settings, import default fields. Delete fields you don't want but leave location field.