CAD files for custom 3D printer design. Inspired by Prusa i3.
I plan to have a more formal writeup about the construction process and design choices that went into this printer (but we'll see if that ever happens...). I designed it over the course of a month or so January 2016, and then did the majority of the construction February 2016. I am still continuously tweaking it to this day, of course -- that's the nature of 3D printing.
printer.sldasm is the correct and most up-to-date assembly.
CAD File Sources
- CAD.Solidworks.Parts by grbd
- This extruder by ffleurey
- V-Slot gantry templates from Dimitri Psyhojos
- NEMA-17 model by Emin Güzel
- Inductive proximity sensor model by Iliya Miroslavov
- ATX PSU model by Pedro Navarro
- Rasbperry Pi model by Robèrt Akòpov
- Stepper damper model by Hans L
- Danny Lu for giving me a bunch of aluminum extrusion, printing the extruder, and giving design advice
- David Jin for laser cutting the parts of the printer