No More Room in Hell
No More Room in Hell is a Half-Life 2 Source Mod. This repository is for submitting bugs and issues. If you have a more general problem (ex: I don't know how to play this game), click here to go to our Help & Support forum.
To begin submitting issues, look at the right hand side of this page, and click ISSUES. Then click the green NEW ISSUE button. You must have a GitHub account in order to start posting them.
Please press the 'S' key to start a search for similar issues already reported. Include closed issues in your search.
If the issue hasn't been reported yet, please feel free to submit the issue here with the following information.
- A short title, describing the issue. e.g. "Can't use X on nms_isolated"
- A detailed summary including
- Version (Steam/Steam Beta)
- What happens
- When does it happen
- Steps to reproduce the issue (How did you do it?)
- Youtube fraps captures of the issue
- Developer Console Output (found by pressing the ` tilde key in game)
- Place Developer Console output in a blockquote (add a ` tilde at the beginning and end of the paste)
- And finally, if possible, system information
- In Steam, (Help > System Information). Copy and paste into a blockquote (add a > in front of each line).
If your game crashes
If while playing NMRiH, you inexplicably get thrown to the desktop with an error window (hl2.exe has stopped responding), do the following:
- Don't close the game until the error window gives you a prompt to close it (when the OK button appears)
- Follow the same directions as mentioned above in Reporting Issues but:
- Before you submit the issue, check your Dumps folder (located in steam\dumps) to see if there's a newly generated .mdmp file (They normally look like "crash_hl2.exe248123_1.dmp")
- If there is an .mdmp file, upload and attach it to your issue ticket and then submit it
If you use Linux or Mac and your game crashes, please check the Steam System Information window (Steam > Help > System Information) to see if an error has been reported in the output window. If there is one, the report will also list out a location where it will generate a crash file, generally located in /tmp/dumps.
For Ubuntu Linux users (or anyone using Unity/Gnome):
- Open up your File manager (the File Cabinet icon on the side bar).
- Under Devices, click Computer.
- Now double click on the tmp folder.
- You should see a dumps folder, containing some files. Either post them in GitHub (the .mdmp files), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the files attached.
For Mac users:
- Open up Finder
- Search for tmp/dumps
Code of Conduct
Since this will ideally be used by the public to help centralize and organize the issues present in the mod, the team would appreciate if you can remember the following:
- Do not insult, harass, or demean anyone.
- Do not intentionally multi-post an issue.
- Avoid using ALL CAPS when creating an issue report.
- Do not repeatably update an open issue, saying that the issue persists.
- Do not use exploits for your own gain, this tracker is up in goodwill to allow the public to help the dev team out with bug reporting.
Reminder: NMRiH is a HL2 modification so some issues that you'll find may be common throughout various Source 2007 based mods (ex: clientregistry.blob error) or may not even be issues at all.
To a lesser extent you can request certain things for the team to look into, such as new specific entities that mappers can use to make more creative objectives. However, we'll overlook requests that are either ill-fitting for the mod's subject or just plain silly (we are not adding handheld GAU-8 Avengers or zombified animals).