You became hooked with social media and Twitter? If you wanna change that, try this App.
The App WAS a very low level twitter client. You can use the old code to build your own cool client or to learn how Twitter Kit and API works.
- It is free of ads
- reduce addiction to retweets, likes or high resolution selfies, because it does not have these features!
- fast and efficient
- tap on the Tweet text to load the full imageful Tweet View
- get and add your own API key and secret on apps.twitter.com to authorize the App
- lists timeline without images of a given username (+time, likes, retweets)
- Browse timelines
- extracts username from
RT @username:and got to that user timeline by a single click
- if it is not a retweet, it try to extract the first
- if there is no
@username, it uses the username of the posting user / publisher
- extracts username from
- switch images on/off in preferences
- english and german interface
- night mode
- small Welcome intro
- it is possible to send text only or low resolution picture tweets (you get a login dialog on first try)
- if you are logged in, it gets your friend list and add it to the preferences automaticaly (and yourself)
- com.twitter.tweet-composer added and modified with stupid Validator, 280 characters are possible, now.
Social Media Detoxification
- no ads
- maximal privacy
- no private messages
- no profile changes
- no high resolution photos or images sending
- no Tweet details, answering, comments
- no voting
- no stories
- no likes
- no retweets
- no beep, blink or any other notification
- no file or contacts access and full & maximal privacy
- not easy to install (you need to get API Key and secret)
- no woman, no cry (maybe)
- and many other features, which I will never implement ever (but I could)
Get the App
You can get a signed APK from here (Android 4.1+): APK
How to get API Codes
I did not share my API Key and Secret! You have to create your own. Normally all Twitter client request go to a man in the middle app-server to analyse and cache every request (similar to a proxy). WE DO NOT WANT this man in the middle server, who holds API Key and Secret and sending Ad's or do things with our private stuff. Thus: Your client has to hold these Keys and you have to generate your own, because there are request limits to pretend the original Twitter servers from to many requests.
To get API Key and Secret you have to create a new App on the Twitter development website.
Visit apps develop website
login to twitter or create new twitter account
after logging in go back to apps website
Create new App
Fill in some defaults
Check settings of your App
Switch to the Key and Secret Tab
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to http://unlicense.org
Some third party code parts (Twitterkit, AppIntro) uses other OpenSource licenses - look at their code to get further informations.
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. I DO NOT collect, transmit, store or use any personal information while you use this app.
I DO NOT collect non-personal information like user's behavior:
- to solve App problems
- to show personalized ads
The Google Play Store collects non-personal information such as the data of install (country and equipment).
Twitter Kit and Twitter API
Todo und Issues
- browse/follow a link: scroll to top of the list
- after sending a tweet and authorising do a refresh
- implement a history function
- more intuitive search function
- Tweet share with ...
- text only cache
- test on Android 4.1
- switch to android 8.0 api (evil)
- Screenshots 7 Zoll