Retro Text Editor
It is a simple text file editor for Android. You can use it via a file manager app. I use it to write some notes. The fixed default file path is
Documents/click.dummer.textthing/notes.txt . If you open the app, this file will be opened, created and used for store.
There is no file manager code integrated - it uses the system default
- Themes: Retro, C64, Day, Night, Green Punch, Pink Panther
- Text file editor for your favorite file manager (opens every plain Text files)
- App creates and opens Documents/click.dummer.textthing/notes.txt as default
- use the App to write notes
- stores changes on closing or pausing the App (optionaly)
- set your favorite font size and switch between normal or monospace style
- languages: english, japanese, german, russian, french, brazilian portuguese
- a save now button
- very small widget added (needs phone restart)
Get the App
You can get a signed APK (4.1+) from here, but it could be a bit outdated.
The blue colors are fixed and based on the 1980er C64 Homecomputer. It works on 4.1.1+
Thanks to xin for a french translation!
Thanks to Alexey for a russian translation!
Thanks to naofum for a japanese translation!
Brazilian Portuguese translation
Thanks to Paradoxo for a brazilian portuguese translation!
I publish everything under the free BSD-2 License.
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. I DO NOT collect, transmit, store or use any personal information while you use this app.
I DO NOT collect non-personal information like user's behavior:
- to solve App problems
- to show personalized ads
The google play store collect non-personal information such as the data of install (country and equipment).
- Michael Grieswald on google play for a good/bad review. I made the "auto save" as an option after reading it.
Hints to fdroid
to keep fdroiddata fork on your local and upstream fresh:
- git add, commit, push
- git remote add upstream https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata.git
- git fetch upstream
- git pull upstream master (this is a merge)
- git push
other hints in Wortschatz repository