Docker for the UseR
This repository contains resources from my talk, "Docker for the UseR," presented at the New York Open Statistical Programming Meetup on 2018-07-11.
- Slides (PDF)
- Video (YouTube, audio is kinda rough)
- Code for each of the examples are in the
Links to topics and resources dicussed in the talk (and more!)
- Docker documentation website
- ROpenSci Docker Tutorial
- An introduction to Docker for reproducible research, with examples from the R environment, paper by Carl Boettiger on arXiv.
- Reproducibility of computational workflows is automated using continuous analysis, Beaulieu-Jones & Greene (2017), ($Nature Biotechnology)
- R Packages for running Docker
- The Rocker Project - Docker Containers for the R Environment
- Paper by Carl Boettiger and Dirk Eddelbuettel about the project in the R journal
- R packages for auto-generating Dockerfiles for projects
- Binder for (free!) hosting of interactive RStudio/Jupyter environments for public GitHub repos
- R Packages that call Docker containers
- R services that you might deploy with Docker
- Deploying Compute Jobs with Docker
- The Singluarity Project as an alternative to Docker built for running big computer jobs on clusters/supercomputers.