Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
A subflow is a set of connected nodes that can be easily reused within a larger flow.
A subflow is represented as a single node in the workspace which can be opened up in a tab to see the underlying flow.
Creating a subflow
An empty subflow
- Selects 'Create subflow' option.
- Creates a new subflow with a default name, added to palette
- Opens the subflow tab
From existing nodes
- User selects some existing nodes.
- Selects 'Convert to subflow' option.
- Nodes are removed from workspace and replaced by a subflow node.
- Subflow node given a default name and added to palette
- how to automatically identify the input/output ports to map to
- what restrictions should be applied?
- a single, continuous flow of nodes - aside from comment nodes
- only one 'left most' node
- what about subflows with no left most node? Would there be any way to override properties of a contained node? For example, consider a subflow containing an mqtt sub and deserialiser pair where modifying the topic of the mqtt subscriber would be useful.
Editing a subflow
- Double click subflow node.
- Opens the edit-node dialog for the instance of the subflow
- Click the 'edit subflow' option in the dialog opens a closeable tab containing the flow.
- Tab toolbar includes but to open subflow edit dialog (also accessed by dblclicking on tab, or any input/output node in the flow)
- Open subflow edit dialog
- Click delete
Difference between subflow and link node.
There are some differences between subflow and link node.
There are two cases about link node. A link out node wired to link in node in a same tab and a different tab.
|Condition||Subflow||Link node (same tab)||Link node (different tab)|
|Catch error in caller tab||YES||YES||NO|
|Node actions (e.g. inject node)||NO||YES||YES|
A subflow node has the following properties:
in- an array identifying the internal nodes that are mapped to the flow inputs. It will have zero or one elements.
out- an array identifying the internal nodes and their output ports that are mapped to the flows outputs. Elements are objects of the form:
A node that is part of a subflow has their
z property set to the
id of the subflow.
An instance of a subflow has the following properties: