NodeBots Day 2016 for Seattle USA!
This event is for kids 8-18 and is free!
- Organizers: Greg Bulmash (mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Home Page: http://www.seattlecoderdojo.com
- Ticket Link: http://www.seattlecoderdojo.com/seattle-coderdojo-robotics-day/
- Volunteer Link: http://www.seattlecoderdojo.com/volunteers/nodebotsday2016/
- Location: Amazon.com
- Date: July 30, 2016
- Hours: 8:30 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. (volunteers), 9:45 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. (kids & parents)
- Expected # of attendees: 100 kids + parents + Volunteers
- Sponsors: Amazon.com (space), Seattle CoderDojo (admin)
- Setup Ticketing Presales (plan to launch this via Eventbrite on July 5)
- Order Parts (have some from last year, see volunteer link above)
- Secure a location
- Determine a Time
- Determine a Max # of attendees (100 participants)
- Recruit Volunteers
- Determine Curriculum and Projects
- Recruit Attendees (See #193)
OUR EVENT IS FOR KIDS AND IT IS FREE TO ATTEND.
Our format last year was to have four projects, one per room, and rotate groups of 25 from one room to another on an hourly basis. With an hour for lunch and 10 minutes between rooms for rotation and reset, this made a 5.5 hour day.
This is an event for Seattle kids being organized by Seattle CoderDojo. Parents are encouraged to participate with their children, but only the children are guaranteed a seat and workspace at the project tables. Adults can also participate as mentors/facilitators.
ADDITIONAL ORGANIZERS WELCOME, VOLUNTEERS TO TEACH/FACILITATE WELCOME.