Diagnostics Working Group
The goal of this WG is to ensure Node provides a set of comprehensive, documented, extensible diagnostic protocols, formats, and APIs to enable tool vendors to provide reliable diagnostic tools for Node.
Work is divided into several domains:
Background, reference documentation, samples, and discussion for each domain is contained within its folder.
Work needed includes:
- Collect, understand, and document existing diagnostic capabilities and entry-points throughout Node, V8, and other components.
- Collect and document projects and products providing diagnostics for Node with brief description of their technical architecture and sponsoring organizations.
- Identify opportunities and gaps, then propose and implement solutions.
|Node-report in core||@mhdawson||@gireeshpunathil||https://github.com/nodejs/node/pull/22712|
|Post-mortem WG merge||@mmarchini||https://github.com/nodejs/post-mortem/issues/48|
Need volunteers for
Meetings of the working group typically occur every other Wednesday. A few days before each meeting, an issue will be created with the date and time of the meeting. The issue will provide schedule logistics as well as an agenda, links to meeting minutes, and information about how to join as a participant or a viewer.
Twice a year the diagnostics working group meets for a Face to Face gathering where current concerns are hashed out in greater detail. An issue will be created for the event where those who are interested may find details about how to participate.
- @AndreasMadsen - Andreas Madsen
- @BridgeAR - Ruben Bridgewater
- @cjihrig - Colin Ihrig
- @danielkhan - Daniel Khan
- @Flarna - Gerhard Stöbich
- @gireeshpunathil - Gireesh Punathil
- @hashseed - Yang Guo
- @hekike - Peter Marton
- @Hollerberg - Gernot Reisinger
- @jasnell - James M Snell
- @jkrems - Jan Olaf Krems
- @joyeecheung - Joyee Cheung
- @kjin - Kelvin Jin
- @mcollina - Matteo Collina
- @mhdawson - Michael Dawson
- @mike-kaufman - Mike Kaufman
- @mmarchini - Matheus Marchini
- @naugtur - Zbyszek Tenerowicz
- @ofrobots - Ali Ijaz Sheikh
- @othiym23 - Forrest L Norvell
- @Qard - Stephen Belanger
- @sam-github - Sam Roberts
- @watson - Thomas Watson
- @yunong - Yunong Xiao