- Due to changes in V8, it has been necessary to reimplement Buffer
on top of V8's Uint8Array. While every effort has been made to
maintain performance, users are likely to experience a different
performance profile depending on how Buffer is used.
(Trevor Norris) #1825.
- Buffer can now take ArrayBuffers as a constructor argument
(Trevor Norris) #2002.
- When a single buffer is passed to Buffer.concat(), a new, copied
Buffer object will be returned; previous behavior was to return
the original Buffer object (Sakthipriyan Vairamani) #1937.
* build: PPC support has been added to core to allow compiling on
pLinux BE and LE (AIX support coming soon) (Michael Dawson) #2124.
* dgram: If an error occurs within socket.send() and a callback has
been provided, the error is only passed as the first argument to the
callback and not emitted on the socket object; previous behavior was
to do both (Matteo Collina & Chris Dickinson) #1796
* freelist: Deprecate the undocumented freelist core module
(Sakthipriyan Vairamani) #2176.
- Status codes now all use the official IANA names as per RFC7231,
e.g. http.STATUS_CODES now returns 'URI Too Long' rather than
'Request-URI Too Large' (jomo) #1470.
- Calling .getName() on an HTTP agent no longer returns a trailing
colon, HTTPS agents will no longer return an extra colon near the
middle of the string (Brendan Ashworth) #1617.
- NODE_MODULE_VERSION has been bumped to 45 to reflect the break in
ABI (Rod Vagg) #2096.
- Introduce a new process.release object that contains a name
property set to 'io.js' and sourceUrl, headersUrl and libUrl
(Windows only) properties containing URLs for the relevant
resources; this is intended to be used by node-gyp
(Rod Vagg) #2154.
- The version of node-gyp bundled with io.js now downloads and uses
a tarball of header files from iojs.org rather than the full
source for compiling native add-ons; it is hoped this is a
temporary floating patch and the change will be upstreamed to
node-gyp soon (Rod Vagg) #2066.
* repl: Persistent history is now enabled by default. The history file
is located at ~/.node_repl_history, which can be overridden by the
new environment variable NODE_REPL_HISTORY. This deprecates the
previous NODE_REPL_HISTORY_FILE variable. Additionally, the format
of the file has been changed to plain text to better handle file
corruption. (Jeremiah Senkpiel) #2224.
* smalloc: The smalloc module has been removed as it is no longer
possible to provide the API due to changes in V8
(Ben Noordhuis) #2022.
* tls: Add server.getTicketKeys() and server.setTicketKeys() methods
for TLS session key rotation (Fedor Indutny) #2227.
* v8: Upgraded to 18.104.22.168
- ES6: Enabled computed property names
- ES6: Array can now be subclassed in strict mode
- ES6: Implement rest parameters in staging, use the
--harmony-rest-parameters command line flag
- ES6: Implement the spread operator in staging, use the
--harmony-spreadcalls command line flag
- Removed SetIndexedPropertiesToExternalArrayData and related APIs,
forcing a shift to Buffer to be reimplemented based on Uint8Array
- Introduction of Maybe and MaybeLocal C++ API for objects which may
or may not have a value.
- Added support for PPC