Node.js End User Feedback Initiative
We are in the formative steps of building out infrastructure, process and collaborators to bring large-scale feedback to the Node.js project under the charter of the Node.js Community Committee (CommComm). Thank you for your interest and support. We are actively looking for new members. Please create an issue in this repo if you are interested in dedicating 5+ hours a month to during the formation process. We expect the formation process to run through Q2 2018. The primary skillset for this initiative is largely non-technical: social sciences, product and project management and organizational.
What does the Node.js End User Feedback team do?
The Node.js End User Feedback team works with Node.js end users to provide a bi-directional feedback channel for the Node.js project through surveys, meetings and outreach.
- In-person and online end user feedback sessions. We want to hear from you!
- Support the annual Node.js User Survey launched every year at Node.js Interactive (usually in October) by the Node.js Foundation. We provide input on questions and intend to publish copies of the data for analysis.
- Support CommComm and TSC end user feedback and outreach needs.
- Manage the Enterprise Advisory Group to the TSC.
Governance and Contributing
The Node.js End User Feedback team has adopted the core governance and contribution policies of the Node.js project.
We are actively seeking technical and non-technical contributors to help gather Node.js End User Feedback. Contributions are rewarded with attribution. Our Contribution Guide details the steps to becoming a Contributor, Collaborator and Member of the Node.js End User Feedback (NEUF) team.
Node.js End User Feedback Team Members
- dshaw - Dan Shaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> - Community Committee Champion
- ahmadnassri - Ahmad Nassri <email@example.com> - Enterprise User Focus Lead
- bnb - Tierney Cyren <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- boneskull - Christopher Hiller - <email@example.com> - Tooling User Focus Lead
- mhdawson - Michael Dawson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mihaiep - Mihai Ene-Pietrosanu <email@example.com> - Project Manager and Scribe
- mikehostetler - Mike Hostetler - <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- williamkapke - William Kapke <email@example.com>
- hackygolucky - Tracy Hinds <firstname.lastname@example.org> - Advisor
End User Feedback - Looking for Participants
The Node.js end user feedback team (NEUF) will be working to gather feedback from end users through a number of different channels.
One of those channels will be live discussion either in person or on-line. We are starting to put together a list of businesses who:
- are using Node.js for their production systems
- use Node.js as part of their tooling
- are evaluating Node.js as a potential technology
- have recently chosen Node.js and are just getting started
- would like to use Node.js but face obstacles in being able to do so
If you would like to get involved and participate regularly (currently thinking is every 2 months or quarterly) please email email@example.com.