This is the repository for the https://nodevalet.io Masternode installation service.
NodeValet lets you securily deploy up to 20 Masternodes on a VPS of your choice in a matter of minutes. Fully automated and with the convenience of a hosted solution. NodeValet Masternodes come pre installed with a variety of maintanance scripts that make sure your Masternode is always online, always secure and even handles wallet updates by itself.
Self hosting your Masternode has a number of benefits in that it is way more cost effective and that you retain full control over your Masternode. It can be challenging to set up and maintain Masternodes yourself. By automating the installation, server hardening and maintenance process we give you the benefits of self hosting with the convenience of a hosted solution. Open source and free of charge. API access to your VPS host provider is only necessary for the 30 seconds it takes to connect to your account and deploy your masternode server. After that is done, you are reminded to disable the API or regenerate the API key.
For now NodeValet supports Helium, Condominium and PIVX. To try it out please head over to https://nodevalet.io. We're working to add a variety of other Masternode coins to the service in the very near future.
Part of NodeValet runs on an adapted version of Florian Maier's Nodemaster script.
- 5 minute, 'one click' install through our web GUI. No need to login to your VPS.
- No logging. We don't save as much as a cookie. Not retaining info means there is nothing there to be hacked.
- Automatically generated masternode.conf, copy paste ready.
- Automatic server hardening. Your VPS will be more secure than most.
- Automated maintenance. Your VPS will continuously monitor the status of your Masternode and fix it if needed.
- Automatic wallet updates. Your VPS will check your coin's github twice a day, and when it sees an update, install it.
- Full integration with "headless" installation. This will allow you to use our service while bypassing the API requirement. (tinfoil hat mode)
- On demand system updates. This will allow the user to update their NodeValet Masternode with the latest features without compromising server security.
A simple guide for installing Helium masternodes with NodeValet:
A simple guide for installing Condominium masternodes with NodeValet:
Just because you won't have to log in to your VPS doesn't mean you can't :). To keep things easy we use Nodemaster to configure the actual Masternodes so everything is exactly where you'd expect it to be.
NodeValet keeps its files in
/var/tmp/nodevalet and its logs in
We've added a few small scripts to make the most common commands a lot easier. You can just enter these on the command line:
checksync will return the syncing status of all masternodes.
autoupdate will run the autoupdate script and check for a new version. (rather than wait for the scheduled check)
checkdaemon will check if all masternodes are correctly synced.
makerun checks if all installed masternodes are running.
rebootq checks if recent system updates require a reboot. (rather than wait for the scheduled check)
getinfo 1 returns a summarized
getinfo of masternode 1, 2, 3 etc.
getinfo shows all.
killswitch turns off all masternodes. Use
activate_masternodes_COIN to turn them back on.
masternodestatus 1 returns the
masternodestatus of masternode 1,2,3 etc.
masternodestatus returns all.
resync 1 deletes blockchain data for node 1, 2, 3, etc and forces a resync.
showlog will display the installation log
showmlog will display the maintenance log
We'll be adding a couple more in the future so stay tuned!
Meanwhile, enjoy the service!