This is the repository for the https://www.nodevalet.io masternode installation service.
To get started, visit us on the web https://www.nodevalet.io and click the "Get Started" link, or if you already have your own ipv6-enabled VPS started and running Ubuntu 16, 18, or 20, go ahead and launch a our "headless" installation script from terminal:
cd /var/tmp && sudo git clone https://github.com/nodevalet/nodevalet && cd nodevalet && sudo bash silentinstall.sh
NodeValet helps you securely deploy multiple masternodes on a VPS of your choosing in a matter of minutes. We combine fully-automated deployments with the convenience of a hosted solution. NodeValet masternodes come pre-installed with a variety of maintenance scripts that ensure your masternodes are always online, always secure, and they even install most wallet updates without user intervention. A true set-and-forget solution.
Self-hosting your own masternodes has a number of benefits. For starters, it is way more cost-effective than paying someone else to do it. The next best advantage is that you retain full control over your masternodes and your collateral never leaves your wallet. It can be challenging to set up and maintain masternodes by yourself, but with NodeValet’s automated VPS installations, you can rapidly deploy fully-autonomous and hardened virtual servers that require little to no maintenance without so much as touching a command line.
Are you a tinkerer who prefers a more hands-on approach? That works, too! Since the VPS which hosts your NodeValet masternodes exists entirely within your own hosting account, you can log into it remotely whenever you want and use our full suite of power tools to quickly get the information you need or make changes to your masternodes with only a minimal knowledge of Linux. NodeValet gives you all the benefits of self-hosting with the additional convenience of a hosted solution.
API access to your VPS host provider is only necessary for the 30 seconds it takes to connect to your account and deploy your masternode server. After that is done, you are reminded to disable the API or regenerate the API key.
For now NodeValet supports sQuorum, Audax, MUE, Phore, PIVX, Wagerr, SierraCoin, StakeCube, and Smart. To try it out please head over to https://www.nodevalet.io. We're working to add a variety of other masternode coins to the service in the near future.
Part of NodeValet runs on an adapted version of Florian Maier's Nodemaster script.
- 5 minute, 'one click' install through our web GUI. No need to log into your VPS.
- We never ask for your personal info so there is nothing to be hacked.
- Automatic server hardening. Your VPS will be more secure than most.
- Automatically generated masternode.conf, copy paste ready into your local wallet.
- Automated maintenance. Your VPS will continuously monitor the status of your masternode and fix it if needed.
- Automatic wallet updates. Your VPS will check your coin's Github twice a day, and when it sees an update, install it.
- Full integration with "headless" installations allow you to use our service while bypassing the API requirement.
- Add new masternodes to your existing VPS by running our
addmnscriptlet which will prompt for new addresses and info.
- On demand system updates. This will allow the user to update their NodeValet masternode with the latest features without compromising server security.
Supported VPS providers
- Vultr supports headless and GUI installations
- DigitalOcean supports headless and GUI installations
- Contabo supports headless installations after running
- Hetzner supports headless installations
- ArubaCloud supports headless installations
- Please contact us with others that work or don't work and we will add them to this list
A simple guide for installing Helium masternodes with NodeValet:
Just because you won't have to log in to your VPS doesn't mean you can't :).
To keep things easy we use Nodemaster to configure the actual masternodes so everything is exactly where you'd expect it to be.
NodeValet keeps its files in
/var/tmp/nodevalet and logs in
We've added a few small scriptlets to make the most common commands a lot easier. You can simply enter these in the command line:
showconf will display the masternode.conf file to be installed in your local wallet
autoupdate checks for new binaries and automatically installs them
checksync will return the syncing status of masternodes
clonesync can be used to bootstrap a masternode and fully sync its chain from another masternode
getinfo 1 returns a summarized
getinfo of masternode (1, 2, 3 etc)
getinfo shows all
killswitch turns off all masternodes. Use
restore_crons to turn them back on, or use
activate_masternodes_COIN to turn them back on
makerun checks if all installed masternodes are running
masternodestatus 1 returns the
masternodestatus of masternode (1, 2, 3 etc)
masternodestatus returns all
mnstart 1 will re-enable and start a particular masternode (1, 2, 3 etc) after you have disabled it
mnstop 1 will disable and stop a particular masternode (1, 2, 3 etc)
mulligan erase all masternode data and NodeValet files on this VPS; useful to repurpose VPS or reinstall from scratch
rebootq checks if recent system updates require a reboot
resync 1 deletes blockchain data for node (1, 2, 3, etc) and forces a resync
showlog will display the installation log
showmlog will display the maintenance log
We may add more from time to time so stay tuned!
Meanwhile, enjoy the service!