Code Card Terminal
To make it easier to connect to your Code Card, we created a custom Terminal App. This app is built with Electron so it is cross-platform.
The Code Card has a serial-usb chip. We use serial communication to configure the Code Card wifi and button settings.
If your machine is not recognizing the Code Card, you might need to install the CH340 USB-Serial drivers.
The USB-Serial port will have different names depending on your OS:
- Windows: COM[X]
- Mac: /dev/tty.wchusbserial[XXXX]
- Linux: /dev/ttyUSB[X]
- Connect to the device with the emulator for your OS (baud rate = 115200)
- Once connected, you'll need to reset the device by flipping the power switch off then on again
- Type help in the emulator to bring up a list of commands
To change to wifi profile
Keep in mind that pausing for 2 seconds while typing will automatically enter the command. It may be easier to pre-type the commands elsewhere and copy-paste them into the window.
First download or clone (
git clone https://github.com/noelportugal/codecard.git) this repository.
You must have NodeJs installed. We recommend using nvm to manage different versions.
cd terminal npm install npm run start
Follow OS build specific instructions here.
- For Windows you must install using the following flags:
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools
If you want to compile the Electron app use electron-packager. Make sure you are in the terminal directory.
npm install electron-packager -g electron-packager . codecard-terminal