RailsConf 2019 Stimulus and Webpacker Workshop
This code base is for use during the 2019 RailsConf Stimulus workshop
In order to run this application, you need SQLite on your machine. The application comes with a pre-seeded SQLite database.
This application does not specify a Ruby version, for ease of install. It was developed with Ruby 2.6.2, but should run with any version of Ruby 2.5 and up (which is the prerequisite for Rails 6.0).
In order to get set up, you should do the following
- Clone and download this repository
- In the directory for this repo, make sure you are running Rails 2.5 or up
- go to http://localhost:3000
- You should see a webpage that looks like a schedule
There is also a Docker setup. Please note that Noel will be much less likely to troubleshoot docker issues.
To use Docker:
- Wait....it will take a while before the app is running.
- Go to http://localhost:3000
You should be able to edit the files normally.