An orienteering application ported from Qt to Windows Phone. This example app combines Nokia Maps with compass sensor. A custom user control, which has an appearance of an orienteering compass, can be manipulated with gestures; it can be dragged and rotated. In addition, the bearing component within the control can also be rotated.
This project is hosted in GitHub: https://github.com/nokia-developer/compass-wp
You can also download the app from the Store: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ed617607-f643-4eb5-821b-675494bd3b66
- Automatic lock feature of scale to point to north (application bar button)
- Rotating map based on the compass heading (enable/disable from the settings)
- Dynamic scale on the map for measuring distances
- Rate My App library integrated
- Few typos fixed from the instructions page
See the license text file delivered with this project. The license file is also available online at https://github.com/nokia-developer/compass-wp/blob/master/Licence.txt
- 0.8: New features added: North lock for the scale, rotating map based on the heading and dynamic map scale. Rate My App library was integrated to the project.
- 0.7: The first beta release.