This example application demonstrates how to build a simple application based on panorama control for Windows Phone using Microsoft Silverlight.
Support for Windows Phone 8 was made according to guidelines given in article http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Library/Lumia/#!co-development-and-porting-guide.html. The solution consists of two top-level projects sharing the same source code, one targeting WP 7 and the other targeting WP 8. Bing Maps control is used in WP 7 project and the new Map control introduced in Windows Phone is used in WP 8 project.
This example application is hosted in GitHub: https://github.com/nokia-developer/diner-wp
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone 2012.
- Windows Phone 7
- Windows Phone 8
Tested to work on:
- Samsung Omnia 7
- Nokia Lumia 820
- Nokia Lumia 920
Make sure you have the following installed:
- Windows 8
- Windows Phone SDK 8.0
- Latest NuGet Package Manager (>2.7.1) from https://nuget.org/ to enable NuGet Package Restore
To build and run the sample:
- Open the SLN file
- File > Open Project, select the file wprestaurantapp.sln
- Install Windows Phone Toolkit for the project.
- Right click solution wprestaurantapp in Solution Explorer -> select Manage NuGet Packages for Solution
- Search for 'wptoolkit' and install the 'Windows Phone toolkit' package
- Depending on whether you want to run the WP7 or WP8 version of the
application, select either wprestaurantapp_WP7 or wprestaurantapp_WP8 as a
- Select the target, for example 'Emulator WVGA'.
- Press F5 to build the project and run it on the Windows Phone Emulator.
To deploy the sample on Windows Phone device:
- See the official documentation for deploying and testing applications on Windows Phone devices at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402565(v=vs.105).aspx
|/||Contains the project file, the license information and this file (README.md)|
|wprestaurantapp_WP75||Root folder for the WP7 implementation files.|
|wprestaurantapp_WP8||Root folder for the WP8 implementation files.|
|wprestaurantapp_WP75/Properties||WP7 Application property files.|
|wprestaurantapp_WP75/SampleData||Sample data file.|
|wprestaurantapp_WP75/ViewModels||ViewModel implementation files.|
|wprestaurantapp_WP8/Properties||WP8 Application property files.|
|MainPage.xaml.cs||Class responsible for displaying the panorama view of the application.|
|MainViewModel.cs||Class responsible for loading restaurant data from disc.|
|RestaurantData.cs||Class describing the restaurant properties shown.|
No known issues.
Copyright © 2011-2013 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved. Nokia, Nokia Developer, and HERE are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Nokia Corporation. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or trade names of their respective owners. License Subject to the conditions below, you may use, copy, modify and/or merge copies of this software and associated content and documentation files (the “Software”) to test, develop, publish, distribute, sub-license and/or sell new software derived from or incorporating the Software, solely in connection with Nokia devices. Some of the documentation, content and/or software maybe licensed under open source software or other licenses. To the extent such documentation, content and/or software are included, licenses and/or other terms and conditions shall apply in addition and/or instead of this notice. The exact terms of the licenses, disclaimers, acknowledgements and notices are reproduced in the materials provided, or in other obvious locations. No other license to any other intellectual property rights is granted herein. This file, unmodified, shall be included with all copies or substantial portions of the Software that are distributed in source code form. The Software cannot constitute the primary value of any new software derived from or incorporating the Software. Any person dealing with the Software shall not misrepresent the source of the Software. Disclaimer THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY AND/ OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES) OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. Nokia Corporation retains the right to make changes to this document at any time, without notice.
- 1.5.0 Support for 720p resolution and NuGet package restore.
- 1.4.0 Using Pushpin from WPToolkit for WP 8.
- 1.3.0 Support for Windows Phone 8.
- 1.2.0 Bug fixes and changes based on reviews; published on the Nokia Developer website.
- 1.1.1 Support for Windows Phone OS version 7.1.
- 1.1.0 New feature: modifying existing reservations.
- 1.0.0 First version.