A Nokia example demonstrating the use of the different filters of Nokia Imaging SDK with camera photos. This example app uses the camera and displays the viewfinder for taking a picture. The taken photo is then processed with the predefined filters. The filter properties can be manipulated and the changes can be seen in the preview image immediately. The processed image can be saved in JPEG format into the camera roll album. You can also select an existing photo and apply an effect to it.
This example application is hosted in GitHub: https://github.com/nokia-developer/filter-effects
For more information on implementation, visit Nokia Lumia Developer's Library: http://developer.nokia.com/Resources/Library/Lumia/nokia-imaging-sdk/sample-projects/filter-effects.html
AbstractFilter: The base class for the filters implemented by the application. This abstract class implements the preview image handling and defines the methods required to be implemented by the derived classes. The filters implemented by this example are:
CarShowFilter: Lomo filter
CartoonFilter: Cartoon filter
EightiesPopSongFilter: Sketch filter
SadHipsterFilter: Antique and lomo filter
DataContext: A singleton class holding the references to image data.
FilterPreviewPage: Manages the filters and implements image management including saving the image into the camera roll.
FilterPropertiesControl: A custom user control for adjusting the filter settings. Each filter is responsible for populating the control compontents. This class is but a place holder with minimal implementation.
MainPage: Implements the camera view finder and fetching saved images from the file system.
Compatible with Windows Phone 8 phones, and Windows 8.1 (desktop and RT). The project is dependent on Nokia Imaging SDK.
Make sure you have the following installed:
- Windows Phone SDK 8.0
- Open the SLN file: File > Open Project, select the file FilterEffects.sln
- Select the target 'Device'.
- Press F5 to build the project and run it on the device.
Please see official documentation for deploying and testing applications on Windows Phone devices: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402565%28v=vs.105%29.aspx
See the license text file delivered with this project. The license file is also available online at https://github.com/nokia-developer/filter-effects/blob/master/Licence.txt
- Nokia Lumia Developer's Library: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Library/Lumia
Wiki article: Optimizing Imaging SDK use for rapidly changing filter parameters: http://developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Optimizing_Imaging_SDK_use_for_rapidly_changing_filter_parameters
- 1.3 Upgraded to Imaging SDK 1.1, windows version added, and new HDR effect added both to the Windows Phone and Windows versions.
- 1.2 Updated to support the latest version of the Nokia Imaging SDK. Theme support added.
- 1.1 Performance optimisations added based on Yan's wiki article (see related documentation)
- 1.0.1 Invalid reference paths fixed and some updates to app icons
- 1.0 First release
- 0.8 First release candidate