The current scala-mode is a bit buggy. The highlighting is haphazard and not very thorough. The indenting support is so-so. There haven't been any improvements in a long time.
scala-mode2 aims to change this.
The mode is currently testable, but will probably not replace scala-mode in your day-to-day coding (yet!).
- Method highlighting is more reliable (no more annoying flickering)
- Better highlighting for types
- Reliable class/trait/object highlighting
- More flexible supported names for methods, types, etc.
- improve "syntactic" highlighting junk (i.e. triple-quoted strings)
- indentation support
- Better comment support (e.g. multi-line /* ... */)
- support for which-function mode
- xml literals? (ugh!)
Copyright and License
All code is available to you under the MIT license, available at http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php.
Copyright Erik Osheim, 2012.